• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anybody else......

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
....obsess about their rabbits?? Mine are never far from my mind. When I wake up my first thoughts are "Oh, must get up and open the shutters of the bunny condo and let them out." Throught the day "I hope they're ok and nothing frightens them" At night "Hope they're warm enough and they're happy outside through the night" then it's "better check their butts incase they are not clean and fluffy" "need to brush little Lola Grace as she's moulting" "are they happy?" "is there anything more I can do for them?" "are they getting enough variety in their veg?" Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!! I can't spend the next 10 years like this.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to destress and stop worrying about two healthy, happy rabbits - Benson Charles and Lola Grace!

*nods in agreement* :oops:

I worry and fuss over my bunnies but they are always fine and all they are usually bothered about is where their next crunchie is:roll::lol:

Thanks. There has to be a way to look after your bunnies, but allow yourself a life and a mental break at the same time, without feeling guilty!!! I think if mine were house bunnies I might not worry so much...?!

My OH was trying to give me my V-day gift this morning while I had Ruby on my lap and I had to try really hard to concentrate on the gift because I was too obsessed about what she was doing/how she was looking/whether she was tooth grinding. I really had to give myself a slap around the face to actually pay attention to my OH's very nice present. THAT is obsessed.

So what you're all saying is that I can look forward to, hopefully, 10 years of this and there's nothing I can do about it!! If only they weren't so flippin adoreable!!!! I love them sooooo much but if I'm being honest, if I'd known how much I'd love them and worry I wouldn't have got them. Don't get me wrong - they're here to stay, sweet little guys.

Yes I do too!!

I'm constantly checking on my girl and fussing around her giving her fresh hay more often than necessary, hoping she's not too hot, not too cold, not bored. I could go on and on!

I'm sooooo glad I found this forum because NOBODY understands. I've had comments like "sure they're just rabbits" or "if anything happens to one you can just get another one!" People who don't have rabbits (or don't care about them) just DON'T GET IT!! They're my little black babies!!!!!

I'm sooooo glad I found this forum because NOBODY understands. I've had comments like "sure they're just rabbits" or "if anything happens to one you can just get another one!" People who don't have rabbits (or don't care about them) just DON'T GET IT!! They're my little black babies!!!!!

They DON'T GET IT about rabbits, bensonlola. Rabbits have amazing personalities; they can be sooo affectionate, mine has even shown consideration, they can be rascals, devious, wind us up on purpose when bored, playful, ebullient, communicative, even have temper tantrums & they're incredibly intelligent. Then there's all the specific rabbit behaviour.

I liken it to having a small child around. I worry a lot when mine is poorly, but when he's well, yes, he's often on my mind. We've got a close relationship. In time you'll not worry so much about diet, & know they're happy by their posture, ears, way they're behaving. The worry gets less when they're healthy!;)

They're just my wee babies! I'm sure you're the same. But then I couldn't say about any animal - ".... it's just a....." These two wee lops are so soft natured tho and ever so playful. They are just wee loves. Maybe as I build up confidence and experience with them and their ways I'll chill out a bit more. Would like to just relax and enjoy them!

:oops::oops::oops: yup I here with you on this one as well... I am even getting my hubby in the summer, to wire me the outside lights upto a switch in the bedroom so I can check on them before I turn over...

He is very understanding luckily, but still things I am a nutter. Specially when I talk to them :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You'll relax!! If they've got good poops, normal wee & a varied diet with plenty of fiber, & a steady weight, you're doing fine.

There are some first class general principals on here. I keep reminding myself that many who post have buns with chronic illness, which is controlable but not curable, & others have buns with more serious illness. These buns are a bit more fragile, & small changes can trigger them into illness, but wouldn't affect a healthy bun at all.

If your buns are well, I wouldn't change anything unless there's a very good reason to do so. ;) :wave:

You'll relax!! If they've got good poops, normal wee & a varied diet with plenty of fiber, & a steady weight, you're doing fine.

There are some first class general principals on here. I keep reminding myself that many who post have buns with chronic illness, which is controlable but not curable, & others have buns with more serious illness. These buns are a bit more fragile, & small changes can trigger them into illness, but wouldn't affect a healthy bun at all.

If your buns are well, I wouldn't change anything unless there's a very good reason to do so. ;) :wave:

Great post Thumps. Also, a lot of posters on here run rescues or take in special needs buns, so of course a lot of their posts are about very poorly buns.

Overall, buns are great little animals, and as another poster said if they're kept in clean conditions, eat a wide variety of good clean food, hay and drink lots of water and are otherwise healthy, you're doing a great job.

The key thing to remember is that if you see that your rabbit is ill to get it straight to a vet as by the time a poorly bun shows signs of illness it can be quite serious.

If you do these simple things - and it sounds like you do - you'll have nothing to worry about.

Enjoy your buns!

Back