• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I *think* Maddie had a fit this morning :cry: *been to vets*

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
:cry: :cry:

What does a fit look like?

Maddie was on her way over to me this morning when she was suddenly on her side struggling and moving up and down, hard to describe really she was shaking her head around as well, it went on for about 20 seconds then she lay still and jumped up, she tried to walk to me but couldn't move then did a couple of body shakes (like a wet dog would) and hopped over to me.

I am convinced this was a fit :cry: OH said maybe she slipped over and couldn't get up properly but i am not convinced. I held her for ages and she is fine now but i am so worried, she is getting on a bit now :cry:

Last edited:
I have never seen one hun but would go straight to the vets if one of mine did that

How scary for you, I hope she is ok x

It does sound like a little fit :(

I would get her on panacur for today and pop her to the vets for a check up tomorrow.

Sending lots of vibes for her xxx

Thanks Liz, do you know what might cause it? She had 6 weeks of panacur last year for suspected EC (weeing all over herself and slight head tilt) do you think it could be connected?
I will phone my vet first thing to get an appointment, she doesn't do emergencies, its a non bunny savvy vet that covers that :roll: She is now hopping around and nomming like nothing happened :shock:

I agree with Liz...it does sound like a fit :(

Might also be worth checking for issues that could affect her balance too...ear infection, EC, etc

It could have a number of causes but if you have panacur and metacam to hand I would definately give her some today. I wouldn't rush her to the vets as she is OK in herself now. Best to wait until you can see the vets you want :)

Given her history then I suppose EC is the most likely cause. But an infection might cause similar symptoms :?

How old is she and how long ago was she neutered?

It could have a number of causes but if you have panacur and metacam to hand I would definately give her some today. I wouldn't rush her to the vets as she is OK in herself now. Best to wait until you can see the vets you want :)

Given her history then I suppose EC is the most likely cause. But an infection might cause similar symptoms :?

How old is she and how long ago was she neutered?

Not entirely sure of age but C thinks shes around 4/5 years, she was neutered a year and a half ago when she came into rescue.

I thought my bunny was having fits, it turned out she had headtilt due to an ear infection.
EC is another reason this could be happening.
Loads of vibes and nose rubs xx

Not entirely sure of age but C thinks shes around 4/5 years, she was neutered a year and a half ago when she came into rescue.

I was only asking because of Dumpling, but I'm sure its not that. If anything abnormal had shown up in the spay I am sure you would know :)

Even if it is caused by EC I have had several bunnies carry on for at least a couple of years while having EC related fits :)

I was only asking because of Dumpling, but I'm sure its not that. If anything abnormal had shown up in the spay I am sure you would know :)

Even if it is caused by EC I have had several bunnies carry on for at least a couple of years while having EC related fits :)

Thanks Liz, I had hoped you would be around today but didn't want to bother you xx

Was just about to start a similar thread... Flic a foster bun had a really big fit saturday night. We started panacur but the vet was rubbish and gave only anti inflam injection :cry: Just wonderiing what treatment Maddie has had?? Hope Maddie is ok hun, its horrible to watch isnt it :cry: xXx

Back