• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny safe air freshener?

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Are there any about?

Or are there any that i can make myself using a lemon or something?

Paddy and Peaches do the occasional smelly wee and the OH gets embarrassed by the smell of it and the smell of the hay too, so I could with finding something to make it smell a bit fresher

peg.jpg

For your OHs nose :)

:lol::lol::lol: I think the best natural homemade airfreshener if you have pets is essential oil from Holland & Barrett, it's natural plant/flower extracts and you just use 2-3 drops into boiling water and place on a radiator to intensify the scent or into a bowl of bicarb of soda to have a more subtle scent. There are lots of others like slicing oranges and putting cloves in the slices, pop in the oven on a low heat till dried and crisp then insert more cloves, these can be tied and hung or displayed in bowl with cinnamon sticks x

Vinegar
Vinegar cleans naturally as an all-purpose cleaner. Mix 1 part water to 1 part vinegar and you have a solution that will clean most areas. Vinegar is an economical natural cleaning product, disinfectant and deodoriser. Although it is safe to use on most surfaces, always test on an inconspicious area. Improperly diluted vinegar is acidic and can eat away at tile grout and even your kettle! Vinegar must never be used on marble surfaces. Do not worry about your home smelling of vinegar as the smell disappears when it dries.
For an effective cleaner for the bath, basin and tiles, mix baking soda, white vinegar, lemon essential oil and tea tree oil.
Use vinegar in warm water to clean work surfaces, chrome, mirrors and glass.
Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is also a natural substance that can be used to clean your home.
Lemon dissolves soap scum and hard water deposts.
Lemon is used to clean and shine brass and copper.
Lemon juice mixed with vinegar and/or baking soda can be made into a cleaning paste.
Sprinkle a cut lemon with baking soda and use it to scrub dishes, surfaces and stains.
Mix 1 cup olive oil with half a cup of lemon juice to get a furniture policy for your hardwood furniture.
A whole lemon or orange peel can be put through the garbage disposal to freshen the drain.
To clean the toilet bowl, mix a paste of borax and lemon juice and leave for 20 minutes before scrubbing.
Polish furniture with beeswax mixed with a little lemon essential oil.

Baking Soda
Baking soda is as effective as commercial abrasive cleansers and can be used to scrub surfaces.
It is also a great deodoriser: place it in a box in the refrigerator and freezer to absorb odours. In fact, it can be put anywhere you need deodorising action for instance in the cat litter tray or behind the toilet.

Here's a good link for homemade airfresheners aswell

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_4556993_make-natural-air-freshener.html

Back