• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FatFluffs...... I am being optomistic...VICTORIA39 ... You are recommended!

Should I bond another female with a male and female established pair?

• Yes, it can be done easily if you know what ur doing...

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • It can be done, but not often and is difficult

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No, dont, the pair will become unstable....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not if they have been bonded so long

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
I have just sent Fatfluffs a message online.....

Theo and Cleo have a big hutch all to themselves, I have asked fat fluffs if they do a bonding service to give Theo another Wife.

Could be risky so need all the help I can get.....

Last edited:
if your hutch is big enough for 3, with plenty of room and freerange/large run.
then i dont see why not. :)

Goodluck :thumb:

Last edited:
ha, will need your services again

3 rabbits require alot of space when living together, after the bond is done.

But... would you risk the chance of you ending up with 2/3 single buns?
if the trio doesnt work out and if your pair wont bond again?

you need to find a bun, that the pair will accept...
im sure the rescue will help you with your choice anyway :wave:
and do the bonding :lol:

Last edited:
Yes they have bonded for me twice and are fab. Bonding the three will depend on your buns personality and the bun you are trying to introduce. The FF team are really helpful and will advise which buns might be a good match for yours. Tanisha and Rags are both :love: How big is the hutch you have?

Last edited:
What size is your hutch?

I would be way too scared incase it broke the bond between the two you already have so wouldn't attempt it if I was you. But loads of people on here have three so it can definitely work

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=214907

That is the hutch....

I was thinkin that- but if they were in 'alien' territory- they surely would be more likely to not 'split up'

I haven't got a clue hun, I would just be too scared because I am a wimp :oops: And it would be my luck that the bond would break! But like I said lots of people have bonded groups of three

Thats a nice hutch :) And a great height on both levels! Do you have measurements of the floor space and do they have access to the run all the time or just in the day? I am not actually sure of the minimum requirements for three buns :oops:

I haven't got a clue hun, I would just be too scared because I am a wimp :oops: And it would be my luck that the bond would break! But like I said lots of people have bonded groups of three

Thats a nice hutch :) And a great height on both levels! Do you have measurements of the floor space and do they have access to the run all the time or just in the day? I am not actually sure of the minimum requirements for three buns :oops:

The hutch is 5ft wide, and the depth is 24 inches. Run is 5ft x 5ft and access is between about 6am until 5pm (that will be more in the lighter nights)

They are locked away from foxy loxy and night!

Vickie was busy at the FF fundraiser @ Morrisons back pack today and she is probably still at FF HQ helping to count the money :lol:

I'm sure she will get back to you as soon as she has a free minute. Vickie is always one to 'give it a try' at bonding and never says never so I would definitely put my trust in her. She sucessfully bonded my group of 4 and then 6 months later bonded another addition (my gorgeous Archie) to the group.

Good luck :wave:

Looks like I'm in the minority but I said no :?
If the pairing you already have is a happy one I really wouldnt IMO cos I wouldnt want to risk causing upset and praps breaking the original pairs bond.
I'm sure the odds are it would work out but I'm a bit of a worrier and wouldnt want to risk it myself.

Looks like I'm in the minority but I said no :?
If the pairing you already have is a happy one I really wouldnt IMO cos I wouldnt want to risk causing upset and praps breaking the original pairs bond.
I'm sure the odds are it would work out but I'm a bit of a worrier and wouldnt want to risk it myself.

I am worried too- loads - but im thinking the reward of giving a rescue bunny a forever home is worth the risk.......

oh i dont know- i have my heart sent on FF's tenisha!

Back