• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at Home hay roll

Marreline

Warren Scout
Has anyone else noticed a connection between the hay roll and a poorly bunny? Still searching for reasons for Dumpling's recurring problem and just came to me. She loves them so much and will go at them until she's stripped all the grass and several layers of parchment. Could this possibly cause abdominal pain - she could be causing internal blockages or something?! Just a thought... Advice welcome x

You could be right.
I'm not keen on any of those PAH treats that use a glue to stick hay on tubes, or the carrot patch treats that use glue.
I'd bin in it either way - not worth the risk.
Hope Dumpling's OK

I have only ever bought one once, gave it to the buns on a Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning 7am had to rush Bugsy into the vets as she refused to eat and seemed to be in pain.

I've had her nearly 4 years and this is the only time she has ever been ill - so yes I believe it was the hay roll and have never bought one since.

If you mean those large hay 'n' hide tunnels then yes!! I am totally convinced they have caused Daisys stasis episodes! My two love them and spend hours pulling the hay off and then tearing layers of cardboard and eating bits of it! I really think they are to blame! I've stopped buying them and so far no more problems!!!

Wow - really interested in your responses. Thanks so much for taking the time to post. So there could be a connection then? Hmmm. last gave the buns a hay roll over Christmas, visit to the vet needed New Year's Day. Not given one since. They always had one on the go - used to replace them once the buns had totally stripped them of grass. Not buying anymore - not risking it. How I hope I've found the cause for poor Dumpling's episodes.... xxxx

:wave: only just seen this post and ive just ran out to the shed and taken my hay roll and carrot tree of them until i decide whether to let them have it as they have both ripped the hay off and ive had no problems yet. it makes you wonder is there any toys you can give them which you know is 100 % okay for them

New Name Needed For New Friend

We have a new addition to the pack, problem is I cant think of a name for her any ideas:oops: She is so cute.

Back