PDA

View Full Version : No more bunnies??

Hugo's There
13-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Steve came home from work last night and said thats it no more bunnies at least for a while :(

He said that he can't cope with all the deaths and illness any more and he can't handle seeing me so ill, exhausted and upset all the time.

I found out that Cherry's death affected him a lot more than I realised, but I suppose it was him that did all the travelling to get her. And I know Moses was one of his favourites. Moses was always about late at night when he got in from work and they would do a bit of bonding over Dr Who DVDs once I was in bed.

He says that he has no emotions left and that he feels nothing for the bunnies. When we get a new one he doesn't even bother to get to know it as he knows it will die in a couple of weeks :( I don't think this is 100% true as he is obviously very upset about Moses.

Steve is also the one that is with them everytime they are pts. I can't stay with them becuase I get so upset after being the one that has to make the decision to let them die. I always offer to go up to the vets with him but he says he can only handle it if he is on his own and doesn't have me to worry about too.
Its strange becuase I can deal with the bunnies easily when they are dying at home. I think it is because it is out of my hands and resposibility has been lifted so I can comfort them calmly as they pass.

I can see Steve's point of view because we were hoping for a better year than last year and so far it has been much worse :(

It would be great to take a break from more buns for a little while, but we now have 15 single bunnies despite us having our lowest total number of buns for a long time. Hopefully I can bond one or two here but I can't let the rest stay single indefinately. The whole atmosphere here has changed in recent weeks, all you see is single lonely buns staring back at you from their cages/hutches :(

Practically speaking I think he is concerned about the vets bills too as in recent weeks they have been 500 a week, and Steve doesn't earn anywhere near that amount :(

I don't know what to do for the best, but if he says no more buns then I guess I have to go along with it for now. Mind you normally if I mention a bunny to him that needs a space he says straight away - where is it, I'll go and get it :) So prehaps I just need to wait until he says that again :?

LoopyLouie
13-02-2010, 10:44 AM
You two are both absolute angels who have done so much for so many unfortunate buns who would have been left to suffer otherwise. I can't imagine the emotional strain it must have had on you both. I'm sure everyone on here would respect any decision you came to regarding your sanctuary x x x

KarenM
13-02-2010, 10:47 AM
It's hard to know what to suggest. :( There must be points where you both question what you're doing as you deal with so much sadness, sometimes on a daily basis, and it's got to be mentally draining on you both. On top of that, you both must be phyiscally exhausted, just from the daily bunny care routine and also from the bunny runs.

Maybe Steve just needs a little break from all the bunny runs and a little time to deal with all the sad losses you've had recently. Huge hugs to you both. xx

Bunny Buddy
13-02-2010, 10:48 AM
It sounds like a really sensible idea. I really don't know how you two cope with so much upset. It would be a good thing psychologically for you to have no new intakes for at least a few months or so, it does seem to be a high percentage of the new ones that drain you emotionally on their arrival.

I know it will be hard if there is a particularly sad story and maybe there will be one you want to make an exception for. The way I view it is you can only keep going emotionally long-term if you give yourself a break every now and again.

I hope you can give yourself chance to recharge your batteries. It's taken me a year from losing Izzy to give fostering a go again so I can really see why you need some time out.

Put yourselves first for a little while :)

natandfluffs
13-02-2010, 10:50 AM
You two are both absolute angels who have done so much for so many unfortunate buns who would have been left to suffer otherwise. I can't imagine the emotional strain it must have had on you both. I'm sure everyone on here would respect any decision you came to regarding your sanctuary x x x

Totally agree with that.

How do YOU feel Liz?

Also, if there is anything that would help you at the moment, just shout I'm sure there are people on here that would be more than happy to.

honeybunny
13-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Liz you have both coped with so much lately..a short break may be a good idea for you both
Concentrate on the ones you have..and give your emotions a chance to recover and also the vets bills
Sadly none of us can save every rabbit we have to think of the ones we do
If you and Steve continue as you have been and make yourselves so ill you have to give up completely then that would not help anyone
Perhaps set yourself a target of no new rabbits for two months..that could be enough for you both to feel a lot better xxx

Hugo's There
13-02-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't think the weather is helping things either.

Trying to keep the outside buns clean and fed in the cold is no fun. We can't get bunnies out to exercise a lot of time and lots of the playhouses etc are leaking from all the damp. I have bondings I want to do outside but can't because there is no dry weather at all, it seems really depressing and messy outside :(

Prehaps things will get easier as the weather improves. :)

weeble
13-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Liz what both of you manage to do on a day to day basis is amazing but I can understand what Steve is saying it must be heartbreaking to loose buns so often and to see so much suffering.
Just an idea but could you focus on buns with behavioural/ psychological problems that rescues are finding difficult to rehome? Either as long term projects or as residents. Maybe even rehoming after 6 months or a year if they become calmer and more trusting. You would still be doing good work but hopefully with a bit less emotional pain

Hugo's There
13-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I am rubbish at rehoming so could never do it after having a bun for 6 months :lol:

Steve doesn't have much patience with the aggressive ones, he doesn't understand them. He actually does really well with the sick ones he just can't see it.

I did say to him that even without the bunnies I would probably be feeling just as bad, as Theo's cancer diagnosis has really thrown me. He is my absolute baby. I am still letting him sleep IN the bed with me every night so am not getting the quality sleep I need. I am also worrying now that when he goes I will miss him even more because we are spending so much time together. It is permanently on my mind :(

Bunnyaddict
13-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I can completely understand how Steve is feeling Liz - we lost 7 buns last year & felt devastated - so I can only begin to imagine the devastation of losing the number you have :cry: The strain on your own emotional & physical well being must be imense :cry:

When we lost Emily last year we both said we wouldn't take on another conti, because of the pain of losing Emily & Jemima in the same year (not the same situation I know) - but a couple months on we now feel able to offer a home to another conti. It's taken us that time to recover from Emily's passing, to feel strong enough to rehome another one.

I think you both take on so much & really do need to put yourselves first for a little while - give yourselves chance to recover emotionally & physically from the strain you've been under. Like you say the weather has also taken it's toil - maybe like Jill's said don't take in anymore buns for a couple months & then go from there. Hopefully in this time, you'll have chance to recover & feel more positive about things.

honeybunny
13-02-2010, 11:18 AM
have to say my hubby has said a few times over the last 15 months that this is thankless at times and the stress is a huge price to pay
Having to turn animals away as no space, huge vet bills and as you say..looking after so many especially in poor weather ..is not easy, add to that your facing losing so many and of course it will take its toll
Have a break from extras..How about saying no more until May 1st ..by then the weather will have picked up and you both should be feeling a bit better...
I know this post repeats alot of what I said earlier, but I'm sure I'm not alone on here in thinking you and Steve MUST take it easier for a while for your own sakes xxx

halfpenny
13-02-2010, 11:31 AM
I know how you feel Liz, but the truth is we can never save every animal. We are exhausted here too and I think because men tend to hide their feeling they get overlooked. I know Mike suffers badly when we lose somebody, and I know how tiring it is to, basically, wait for some who have terminal problems to get ill, knowing at some point you have to make a decision. With us it is the cats and goats who are our concern, we've lost many of the chickens already.

If nothing else, you have to stop and rest and recover financially, or you put the others at risk. There is nothing wrong it taking some time out and allowing youselves proper time to grieve, because you haven't had a chance lately to do this- it is needed.

I agree, the weather is wearing us down too, the only thing keeping me going at the moment is the fact that spring will come, eventually, and the days are getting longer.

You should take as long as you need, and do some things for yourself, I find we never have any real fun anymore. I remember you laughing about throwing snowballs at Steve with rabbit poo in them and feeling jealous, we never do silly things like that anymore. You need more time together ( maybe not throwing poo all the time.:lol:) and having a bit of joy.

donnamt
13-02-2010, 12:12 PM
i think hes right on taking a break hun, the greif you are both feeling now must be too huge to take and i really feel for you both xxxxxxx

VikkiVet
13-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Hey Liz
I can totally understand both your positions. You have lost so many, in such a short space of time, its no wonder you are BOTH emotionally exhausted. And with Theo ill as well....

I think the suggestion not to take on any more for a while is a good one. I must be really hard knowing there are needy buns out there, that you know you have the space, skills and facilities to care for, but you need to care for yourselves and eachother FIRST. Thats not easy when you are so used to being so self-sacrificing, but i think its really necessary.

Perhaps some time, just looking after the buns you have, and having time to ENJOY them, and Theo, will help you both to heal and recover.

After my Easter exams i am hoping to have some more free time so if you need a hand please let me know.

Steve came home from work last night and said thats it no more bunnies at least for a while :(

He said that he can't cope with all the deaths and illness any more and he can't handle seeing me so ill, exhausted and upset all the time.

I found out that Cherry's death affected him a lot more than I realised, but I suppose it was him that did all the travelling to get her. And I know Moses was one of his favourites. Moses was always about late at night when he got in from work and they would do a bit of bonding over Dr Who DVDs once I was in bed.

He says that he has no emotions left and that he feels nothing for the bunnies. When we get a new one he doesn't even bother to get to know it as he knows it will die in a couple of weeks :( I don't think this is 100% true as he is obviously very upset about Moses.

Steve is also the one that is with them everytime they are pts. I can't stay with them becuase I get so upset after being the one that has to make the decision to let them die. I always offer to go up to the vets with him but he says he can only handle it if he is on his own and doesn't have me to worry about too.
Its strange becuase I can deal with the bunnies easily when they are dying at home. I think it is because it is out of my hands and resposibility has been lifted so I can comfort them calmly as they pass.

I can see Steve's point of view because we were hoping for a better year than last year and so far it has been much worse :(

It would be great to take a break from more buns for a little while, but we now have 15 single bunnies despite us having our lowest total number of buns for a long time. Hopefully I can bond one or two here but I can't let the rest stay single indefinately. The whole atmosphere here has changed in recent weeks, all you see is single lonely buns staring back at you from their cages/hutches :(

Practically speaking I think he is concerned about the vets bills too as in recent weeks they have been 500 a week, and Steve doesn't earn anywhere near that amount :(

I don't know what to do for the best, but if he says no more buns then I guess I have to go along with it for now. Mind you normally if I mention a bunny to him that needs a space he says straight away - where is it, I'll go and get it :) So prehaps I just need to wait until he says that again :?

attilathebun
13-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Getting yourselves well, both physically and mentally has to be your first priority and it sounds like you owe that to each other.

Everyone needs time to recharge their batteries and for your own well being
you need a period of calm and emotional stability otherwise you will drive yourselves into the ground. And that would be of no use whatsoever to those rabbits you are trying to give some quality of life to.

You cannot continue to sacrifice your own quality of life without there being some fallout - and that is your health. So I would do as Steve suggests, concentrate on the ones you currently have and try and find a little time for yourselves amongst all the madness.

You are right about the weather. I think it is now starting to get everyone down and a bit of sun and warmth on our skins will start to make us all feel a little more positive.

Big ((HUGS)) for you and Steve.

Gill xxx

angeleyes
13-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Oh Liz, poor Steve and poor you, I don't know how the 2 of you cope I really don't.
Maybe the 2 of you do need a break from taking in any more buns, trust me I know how hard it is to say no, I too have tried and it hasn't worked and you feel so much guilt afterwards however there comes a point when you have to for your own sakes and for the other animals in your care.

Maybe you could try to arrange your late honeymoon again this year even if its only a couple of days i am sure it will do you the world of good and we could sort something for the buns.

Sending lots of hugs xxxxx

Milo+Fizz
13-02-2010, 12:54 PM
I think a break would be a good thing you you both. If you wait two months at least the weather should be a little better and things should start to look brighter for you. There is only so much emotional strain you can both take. You will still be doing an amazing job helping the bunnies you have so its not like your giving up on bunnies altogether during that break. Well done on helping all these bunnies. :)

VickiP
13-02-2010, 01:02 PM

:no: this is just my view Liz but, I can see his point, maybe if you are able to take on some healthy ones to bond to the existing ones it might cheer things up a bit and that in itself is still rescuing. I think what you do is fantastic but, there has to be a limit in terms of your quality of life aswell. You and your hubby deserve to be able to have a good life too and still make a difference but, on a smaller scale. I think when it starts to affect your health aswell then it really is a case of priorities, as much as I love animals human beings do come first. Don't take anymore other than maybe healthy ones to bond with the others and set a limit on total numbers and stick to it - otherwise you are putting too much strain on you, your partner, your finances etc and ultimately you cannot possibly save them all. What you do is so selfless that even on a smaller scale it makes a difference to those ones who are fortunate enough to find their way to you. You do have to put you and Steve first aswell though I think. It's got to be a balance IMO and hard as it to say 'no' you have too! :love:

LuceMarbles
13-02-2010, 01:35 PM
I think you are right to take a break for a little while.

You both need time for yourselves and your happy little buns.

A temporary lock down will be a good thing - you are both physically and emotionally exhausted.

Recharge and let the spring air boost your flagging energies.

Hanlou
13-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Aw Liz. :(

I have to say I can see where he's coming from too. We've recently lost our wonderful Chewy-chinchilla and it's devastated us both (so much so, this is the first time I've posted about it anywhere :cry:). We lost Betsy-chin' last year and both were a real shock as we expected to have them with us for years.

John was adamant - 'no more chins' and he really means it. I think in many ways John bonded to the chins' even more than me for some reason; it was John's hand they ate out of not mine even though I was the one to clean them out, buy their food and toys etc.

John is as soft as they come but he's really been gutted about the chins' and I can't argue with him on this one. :(

Sometimes you have to let your heart heal and just as everyone has said; take care of yourselves - otherwise you won't be any good to the buns' you care so much about.

I think what you do and what you've done is wonderful. :love:

Many ((( hugs ))) to you both xxx

raine
13-02-2010, 01:59 PM
I agree with the advice everyone has given. I was worrying about you and the stress. I was going to pm you and suggest you took a break for a while to regroup before it all became too much, but I wasn't sure if you might think I was saying you couldn't cope, which isn't the case. What you don't want to happen is that you become overwhelmed and you cannot help the bunnies, or Steve becomes ill. In a way its good he has put up his hand and is asking for help by saying lets have a break.

I do, however, don't think that you will be able to not take in another bunny for two months, although I hope you will for you and Steve. I would just enjoy the bunnies you have and use that time to do all you have wanted to do.

Lets have a project for the bunny room that you have wanted to do - to raise some funds for some eco paints and perspex and to sort that out. To actually sort out some better vet rates (see that was never going to go away:lol:). For you to have your honeymoon. Then the spring will soon be here.

SarahP
13-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I have to agree with what others have said. It's time to put your own health first (ie both of you). It's not that you're saying no more bunnies ever, just to see how things go.

Hugo's There
13-02-2010, 08:15 PM
We were trying really hard today to get ourselves back on track, but after a pm I received this evening I am clearly a nasty vindictive person who has no idea what they are doing :? :cry::cry::cry:

So maybe we should just call it a day :(:(

Buuny_Friend
13-02-2010, 08:15 PM
We were trying really hard today to get ourselves back on track, but after a pm I received this evening I am clearly a nasty vindictive person who has no idea what they are doing :? :cry::cry::cry:

WTF?!?! :censored::evil:

attilathebun
13-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Liz, treat that PM and comment with the contempt it deserves :evil:

Chipmunk_K
13-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Ohhhhh no Liz I am so sorry - I am in UTTER SHOCK to think ANYONE could ever think that about you!!!! That is disgusting, and whoever said such things should be utterly ashamed of themselves!!!!!

You and Steve are the most amazing couple I have ever EVER met!! The work you do, and the love you give those rabbits is amazing - What you do is totally heart wrenching and you make a HUGE difference to sooooo many 100's of rabbits!!!!

I totally understand you deserve a break, and time to heal!!!! You deserve it more then anyone I know!! Please don't ever believe such nastiness, because it's the total opposite of who you are!!!

I'm shocked truly I am - no one has the right to say that to you, and I am so very sorry I hope you can report that pm as it's just nasty!!

honeybunny
13-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Liz you need to forward the pm to admin..don't let anyone bully you in any way xxx

Buuny_Friend
13-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Liz you need to forward the pm to admin..don't let anyone bully you in any way xxx

Agree. x

Hanlou
13-02-2010, 08:28 PM

Ditto....... :? ........ that's disgusting.

Tinsel
13-02-2010, 08:28 PM

:shock::shock::shock: :censored:

Can't BELIEVE anyone would do such a thing. You do a wonderful job with your bunnies and the idea of some time to re-group sounds excellent to me. I haven't taken on any new bunnies lately. We lost April, Scamper's had a few problems, and Toadstool currently needs a lot of nursing. But focusing on the existing buns is fine by me - and mine are fewer in number and infinitely less demanding than yours. Anyone who DARES to suggest you don't have every right not to take on added pressure is just plain warped, and you should ignore them completely.

ETA Have just seen Jill's post and agree entirely!

happybun
13-02-2010, 08:29 PM
no one should send you a nasty pm, ever.

i am 100% behind the idea of you having a good rest and not taking in any more buns for now. you have both done more than can be expected of anyone. give your emotional, physical and financial health time to recover, then think about whether you want to go on. if you don't, accept that - its fine, you've still made more of a contribution than most people ever do. God bless you both.

Amy.
13-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi, we've never 'spoken' and I don't often post much, but after reading about this PM I felt like I needed to say something!
After reading some of your threads over the last year or so I've been here, I can honestly say I have the utmost respect for you and your husband and the amazing work that you do. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to look after a couple of disabled or ill buns, let alone the amount you care for everyday. Whoever this person is, they obviously have no idea whatsoever and I strongly advise you to ignore them! What you are doing is amazing, and all the lives of the buns you have enriched is something not many people can claim to have done. Report the PM, and know we are thinking of you, as it can't be easy with the financial and emotional stress you must be under. x

antigone
13-02-2010, 08:31 PM
:shock::shock::shock: :censored:

Can't BELIEVE anyone would do such a thing. You do a wonderful job with your bunnies and the idea of some time to re-group sounds excellent to me. Anyone who DARES to suggest you don't have every right not to take on added pressure is just plain warped, and you should ignore them completely.

I agree with Tinsel and with those that say you should forward the pm to the administrator!

thumps_
13-02-2010, 08:44 PM
I agree with what others have said, on this thread.
It's been a terrible year for you, & time to recharge your batteries is long overdue.

Your deep care of, & commitment to your buns is exemplary. Your experience & willingness to help us on this forum is so valuable to us.

I am deeply shocked & angered that you should have recieved an unpleasant pm, & hope that the matter is quickly resolved for you to your satisfaction.

halfpenny
13-02-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't understand Liz, you got a nasty pm from somebody because you want to spend some time catching your breath and regaining some financial safety again. I, honestly wouldn't waste my time even thinking about that person. If they have given up their own time and money, and expended their own emotional energy on animals messed up by other people and in the numbers that you have- then they may have reason to pass comment- but I don't think there are many people out there who can claim that honour.:)

Hugo's There
13-02-2010, 08:52 PM
No the pm wasn't related to us wanting to take time out. It was something completely different and was obviously just what I needed at the moment :(

VickiP
13-02-2010, 08:55 PM

I think you should copy and paste it onto this thread so we can all see it! Failing that I would forward it to the moderators, your clearly upset and someone doing that is obviously just trying to make you feel worse. Don't let it upset you Liz-thats probably what they want :censored:

VikkiVet
13-02-2010, 08:55 PM
such people aren't worth the effort it takes to click the button to read their PM!

Jack's-Jane
13-02-2010, 08:57 PM

I agree. Tamsin always sorts this sort of nastiness out very promptly.

Michelleox
13-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Report it and then (try) not to give it any more further thought than it derserves.

You don't need that at the moment.:censored: s :evil:

Everyone backs you on here:wave: You have lots of friends and support

Fairy13
13-02-2010, 09:02 PM
I cannot believe that anyone woud send you a nasty pm :shock: def forward it to admin:shock: Gosh how awful with all you're going through.
I would not say for one minute you aren't doing a wonderful thing with all the bunnies you help but I am tempted to agree with someone who said earlier that perhaps set a time limit during which you will take no more in. Maybe til the weather improves, it certainly has been awful and I'm sure that wont have helped any.
You and Steve are wonderful with what you do but I am sure you cant go through what you both do and not need a break. Can you set a time limit and try and just regroup a little? That doesnt mean your single buns wil be alone together forever it just means they have to spend a little longer. And maybe with no bunnies runs and more to take in etc you will be able to tide them over with a little more time from you etc.
Like I said, you are an angel and amazing with what you do but i do worry too about you and your health and Steve and his and where would any of your animals be without you? You must look after yourselves too xxx

Kermit
13-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Thats rubbish that you have had a nasty pm.

I know what it is like caring for one disabled bun, so i can multiply that by about 40 and imagine how stressful your day must be. Then when my Kermit passed, i took some time before getting Herbie & Inca, which is a luxury that you cant have, as you always have to keep going and keep strong for the other buns

I do agree with the others that you are totally entitled to slow things down just now, get yourselves rested and fighting fit.

Honestly, if i was closer to you id be there helping you with the buns.....id be great at caring for Dinky & Dave :)

Chipmunk_K
13-02-2010, 09:04 PM
No the pm wasn't related to us wanting to take time out. It was something completely different and was obviously just what I needed at the moment :(

It doesn't matter what context it was in because it's NOT TRUE!!!!!! You are truly amazing!!! I just can't believe anyone could say such things about you!!! :censored: :censored: :censored: - They obviously don't know you at all!!!!! - I'm sorry but there are somethings that are just not acceptable - I hope the person who sent it owns up and admits they are wrong - it's the very least they could do - Saying such things in a pm is a cowardly way to do anything, and proves that they themselves are the nasty vindictive one, not you!!

hellsdarkrose
13-02-2010, 09:05 PM
OMG why would anyone send you a nasty PM. You should definitely forward it to admin so the :censored: can be dealt with.

You and Steve do an amazing job and that person clearly is blind or stupid. :censored::censored:

Hugo's There
13-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't know may be I am making a fuss about nothing.

I was just shocked to get it as have never had a message like that before.

Maybe I am over sensitive at the moment :( But I would have thought that the other people may have had a bit more consideration given the week we have had :?

Like people have said I will just try to forget about, but I would hate for there to be any bad atmosphere between us and anyone on here as I have always done my best to offer help and support

Hugo's There
13-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Just wanted to add that Steve has been a lot happier today and admitted that it was a bad reaction to loosing Moses. They were very close.

We have had some happy moments with the buns today. Eddie did some binkies which he hasn't done in months. Maddox slept on my lap for over an hour today. And Daisy has been ploding round the garden with her ears blowing in the wind. We are only just getting to know her character and I think she will be a cheeky madam :love: She has already lost a bit of weight and that is just with normal size meals an a bit of exercise :)

bambi2906
13-02-2010, 09:38 PM
hi :wave: only just caught up onto this thread,, dont listen to the pm from what ive just read from your posts you do a fantastic job looking after them abandoned rabbits and you give them days weeks and months of happiness that they may have never got if you didnt have your rescue.

happybunny22000
13-02-2010, 09:39 PM
:(
hi :wave: only just caught up onto this thread,, dont listen to the pm from what ive just read from your posts you do a fantastic job looking after them abandoned rabbits and you give them days weeks and months of happiness that they may have never got if you didnt have your rescue.

agreed!:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Michelleox
13-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Just wanted to add that Steve has been a lot happier today and admitted that it was a bad reaction to loosing Moses. They were very close.

We have had some happy moments with the buns today. Eddie did some binkies which he hasn't done in months. Maddox slept on my lap for over an hour today. And Daisy has been ploding round the garden with her ears blowing in the wind. We are only just getting to know her character and I think she will be a cheeky madam :love: She has already lost a bit of weight and that is just with normal size meals an a bit of exercise :)

More examples of the wonderful work you do.......;):love:

VikkiVet
13-02-2010, 09:40 PM

awesome, there is always a silver lining somewhere ay? ((((((hugs to you))))))

VickiP
13-02-2010, 09:45 PM

Awww thats good to hear, I don't think your being over-sensitive, I think you are emotionally drained and the person sending you the PM was clearly not sensitive enough! Chin up, you will get through this tough time I think your a strong lady :D

Dr What 2009
13-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Hello Steve Here :cry:

Just to put my point across i have read the PM and myself think it disgusting.

Liz has tryed to help this rescue out and her comments and post's have been constructive not destructive. And for someone to slate her via PM is bang out of order. Liz did not have take the time to offer advise considering the week we just had.

Its such a shame that all the rescues/sanctuaries can't work on here together

Michelleox
13-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi Steve,

Please don't let this get to you. As you have probably read, everyone (or nearly everyone :evil: ) thinks you two do a fantastic job and you certainly have a big fan club on here;)

VikkiVet
13-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi Steve :wave:

We're all in agreement there, no need for ANYONE to slate ANYONE! But as someone who has met you both, and seen the sanctuary, there is nothing that you can be reproached for, except perhaps loving all of them too much and yourelves not enough!

Fairy13
13-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi Steve!!! :wave::wave:
(ETA sorry to not add anything constructive. But.. Hi!! :wave: :lol: )

Dr What 2009
13-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi Steve!!! :wave::wave:
(ETA sorry to not add anything constructive. But.. Hi!! :wave: :lol: )

That's Ok :wave:

Hello to u to :D

clutterydrawer
13-02-2010, 10:21 PM

:shock::shock: That is incomprehensible...what on earth is wrong with people?!

There would be nothing wrong with you both taking a break of whatever length of time you need in order to recover somewhat from all the stress you've been through recently. There's nothing to be achieved by you both getting stressed and run down and you have already achieved so so much. Hope you're both feeling stronger soon. xx

hellsdarkrose
13-02-2010, 10:22 PM

Liz has tryed to help this rescue out and her comments and post's have been constructive not destructive. And for someone to slate her via PM is bang out of order. Liz did not have take the time to offer advise considering the week we just had.

For anyone to send such a PM is very cowardly and I'm sure very hurtful considering what you and Liz have been through this week but all of us on here know how fantastic your sanctuary is and what an amazing job you do.

happybunny22000
13-02-2010, 10:28 PM

For anyone to send such a PM is very cowardly and I'm sure very hurtful considering what you and Liz have been through this week but all of us on here know how fantastic your sanctuary is and what an amazing job you do.

agreed!

Chipmunk_K
13-02-2010, 10:32 PM

We're all in agreement there, no need for ANYONE to slate ANYONE! But as someone who has met you both, and seen the sanctuary, there is nothing that you can be reproached for, except perhaps loving all of them too much and yourelves not enough!

Totally Agree!!!!

Hi steve!! Was lovely to see you again today - thank you so much for meeting me!!

antigone
13-02-2010, 11:18 PM

The nasty pm came from somebody who runs a rescue?:shock::shock:

Tamsin
13-02-2010, 11:28 PM
If you've got pm that breaks the rules, forward to me and I'll take a look. Let's not let the thread get off topic though and start hashing out pm's on a public thread... it's too likely to turn into a fight!

Hugo's There
13-02-2010, 11:36 PM
If you've got pm that breaks the rules, forward to me and I'll take a look. Let's not let the thread get off topic though and start hashing out pm's on a public thread... it's too likely to turn into a fight!

Have pm'd you, thank you.

Like I said maybe it is just me being over sensitive :(

Hugo's There
13-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Ok that just shows how exhausted I am, I pm'd myself :roll::lol:

Hopefully you have it now

*Spider*
13-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Oh no! Hugs to you Liz :cry:
Great to see you on here Steve!!! :wave::wave::wave:

Hugo's There
13-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Oh no! Hugs to you Liz :cry:
Great to see you on here Steve!!! :wave::wave::wave:

Don't be too nice to Steve, he gave me a big sucky kiss on my forehead to cheer me up and now I have a love bite in the middle of my head:roll:

I can never go out in public again :oops:

antigone
13-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Don't be too nice to Steve, he gave me a big sucky kiss on my forehead to cheer me up and now I have a love bite in the middle of my head:roll:

Awwww! You should be glad that you have such a caring husband.:D

KarenM
13-02-2010, 11:42 PM

We need piccies!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm so sorry you've been upset but I'm glad to hear that you've had a good day with the buns.

*Spider*
13-02-2010, 11:43 PM

:lol::lol:
I once gave myself a love bite!
We were at a party, and there was this device (have no idea what it was)
To be cool and funny ( I was about 8 ) I put it in the middle of my forehead and pulled it as hard as I could.
I had a massive lovebite/bruise in the centre of my forehead for weeks :lol:

antigone
13-02-2010, 11:43 PM
I once gave myself a love bite!
We were at a party, and there was this device (have no idea what it was)
To be cool and funny ( I was about 8) I put it in the middle of my forehead and pulled it as hard as I could.
I had a massive lovebite/bruise in the centre of my forehead for weeks :lol:

:shock::lol::lol:

clutterydrawer
13-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Ok that just shows how exhausted I am, I pm'd myself :roll::lol:

Hopefully you have it now

Well hurry up and reply to yourself...otherwise you'll think you're ignoring yourself :?

VikkiVet
13-02-2010, 11:45 PM

PMSL!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: hope its still there on monday! ;)

angeleyes
13-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Liz, you know my feelings about this, ignore, ignore, ignore spiteful jealous people, keep up the good work guys xxxxx

honeybunny
14-02-2010, 12:38 AM

you must post a pic:lol:
Glad you both feel a bit better x

raine
14-02-2010, 01:12 AM

You will be known locally as the "tart" who rescues rabbits:lol::lol:

donnamt
14-02-2010, 08:58 AM
hope your ok today hun, i never really logged on yesterday and im sorry people are trying to upset you, cant quite get my head around why. but i hope it has been sorted and your finding a smile or two today :wave::wave::wave::wave:

happybunny22000
14-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Well hurry up and reply to yourself...otherwise you'll think you're ignoring yourself :?

LuceMarbles
14-02-2010, 10:37 AM
:wave: Have a good Valentines Day both of you.

Perhaps you not posting means you already are :D

Hugo's There
14-02-2010, 10:54 AM
:wave: Have a good Valentines Day both of you.

Perhaps you not posting means you already are :D

No I over slept because I didn't sleep well last night :( Had stuff going round in my head.

I don't mind that there are individuals on here that don't like me or what we do. That is totally fine, we can't all like everyone and it makes the world a more interesting place :)

What worries me is that I was genuinely trying to be nice and helpful to these people.

When you have an illness that attacks your brain I constantly worry that what I think I am doing and saying is not what I am actually doing and saying. Which is why I often don't repond to as many threads as I should and why even though there are lots of lovely people who offer to come round to visit and help I don't take them up on the offer. Trying to appear normal for a few hours by watching everything I say and trying not to fall over my own feet and embarrase myself by ending up on the floor is hard work. :?

I have been back and checked all my posts and pm's relating to this and just can't see what I have said wrong so am now worrying that its me and my brain isn't functioning because of the stress and exhaustion of the week :(

Anyway it's being dealt with now so I shall try to move on from the whole thing. It was just such :censored: timing.

I am hoping my Valentines day present will be Steve doing a bit extra today so that I can go back to bed for a bit and have another little sleep :)

Thank you everyone for all your lovely replies.

Steve and I are going to try to cut back for a few weeks, although having already offered places to two new pairs that is not going to be so easy :lol:

areia
14-02-2010, 10:56 AM
You will be known locally as the "tart" who rescues rabbits:lol::lol:

:lol: the saying the tart with a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heart :lol:

there is always one who will be negitive and rude and it only takes the one, to tip you over,

you have a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee support base here, so dont let one comment upset you

a break is good will help you breathe and for you and steve to have some time together, try not to be tempted for more now matter how hard it is to say no, people know how to say the right things to make you feel guilty, id cut off main rescue phone line too to resist temptation

youthnovels
14-02-2010, 11:08 AM
No I over slept because I didn't sleep well last night :( Had stuff going round in my head.

I don't mind that there are individuals on here that don't like me or what we do. That is totally fine, we can't all like everyone and it makes the world a more interesting place :)

What worries me is that I was genuinely trying to be nice and helpful to these people.

When you have an illness that attacks your brain I constantly worry that what I think I am doing and saying is not what I am actually doing and saying. Which is why I often don't repond to as many threads as I should and why even though there are lots of lovely people who offer to come round to visit and help I don't take them up on the offer. Trying to appear normal for a few hours by watching everything I say and trying not to fall over my own feet and embarrase myself by ending up on the floor is hard work. :?

I have been back and checked all my posts and pm's relating to this and just can't see what I have said wrong so am now worrying that its me and my brain isn't functioning because of the stress and exhaustion of the week :(

Anyway it's being dealt with now so I shall try to move on from the whole thing. It was just such :censored: timing.

I am hoping my Valentines day present will be Steve doing a bit extra today so that I can go back to bed for a bit and have another little sleep :)

Steve and I are going to try to cut back for a few weeks, although having already offered places to two new pairs that is not going to be so easy :lol:

I wouldn't worry about the situation. From reading through this thread you're a much loved individual and what you're doing is absolutely amazing. The majority think that and that's all that counts :)

Hunnybunny2007
14-02-2010, 11:11 AM
After all you've been through, I agree with the others, you need a break for a while, such continual emotional stress is bound to take it's toll on you, you need to start taking care of each other:D (I know it's easier said than done);)

giantbunnymummy
14-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Just catching up on all this as I wasn't on the forum yesterday. So shocked about the PM - Liz and Steve you do an amazing job and how anyone on here could upset you like this is beyond me :(

As so many others have already said, you have a huge amount of support on here :D

Hope you have a good Valentines Day and can put all this behind you.

(Steve - love your signature :lol: )

raine
14-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Playing devils' advocate Liz. I don't know whats gone on, but maybe the other person was having a bad day too and its not personal. Running rescues must be a very stressful thing. You are right that not everyone gets on, or indeed has to get on. Its hard not to get upset by other people's actions, but I would try not focus on this anymore and ping your elastic band when you do.

angeleyes
14-02-2010, 02:52 PM

Hope you are feeling better, just try to forget the whole thing!

Who are these 2 new pairs then?!

Hugo's There
14-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Hope you are feeling better, just try to forget the whole thing!

Who are these 2 new pairs then?!

the bath pair and the ARC pair :wave:

VickiP
14-02-2010, 03:25 PM
:wave: Hope it's now sorted out Liz and your feeling better today, lots of extra zzzzz can only do you good I think, maybe treat yourself to a new hairdo or a massage if you can next week. A bit of 'me' time never hurt anyone. x

angeleyes
14-02-2010, 04:16 PM
the bath pair and the ARC pair :wave:

OOO AM I still needed for a bunny run? Please say yes!!!

Hugo's There
14-02-2010, 04:36 PM
OOO AM I still needed for a bunny run? Please say yes!!!

When we have the space yes :wave: I haven't heard back from Donna so there is a chance they may have found somewhere else to go, but until I hear otherwise they will have the next available space :)

louise and Gus
14-02-2010, 05:20 PM
I hope whoever PM'd you has their nastiness turned around on them threefold :censored: :censored:

Forget the :censored: and have a great valentines day..take it easy, you deserve it!

gillmanning
14-02-2010, 05:50 PM
:wave:Hi Liz and Steve - sorry I'm only just catching up as I wasn't on yesterday. I just wanted to let you know that I think you are both wonderful, caring, loving and just such amazing people. In opening your home to these poorly bunnies, you also open your hearts to them - when they leave you, they take a piece of your heart with them. A rest would be a good idea for your hearts to heal a little. Take a bit of time for the two of you.

I also just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU from all my bunnies for their valentines cookies. Buttercup took hers straight off down the ramp (away fom Zola), she never usually does this, she obviously knew it was something special :love:. Alfie and Poppy are always good with their treats and sat and munched their way through them :love:. Then there's Dennis and Ruby :roll: She is very territorial about her food (especially treats) - she tried to eat hers while also trying to nick Dennis's out of his mouth, she was soooo excited :love:. Hope you'll be able to make some more :D

Hugo's There
14-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Thank you so much.

We have had a lovely restful day together today :)

I will definately be making some more bunny biccys too :wave:

louise and Gus
14-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I will definately be making some more bunny biccys too :wave:

Phew...I think my buns are getting addicted :shock:

Hugo's There
14-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Phew...I think my buns are getting addicted :shock:

That was my cunning plan :shock: :lol::lol:

louise and Gus
14-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Seriously I have never seen my lot go that crazy for anything...they all grab a bit and run off to find somewhere to eat it in private! I had to give them some more as Dinky and Gus both wanted the last piece, Gus was actually eating it while it was in Dinky's mouth!!

Hugo's There
14-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Seriously I have never seen my lot go that crazy for anything...they all grab a bit and run off to find somewhere to eat it in private! I had to give them some more as Dinky and Gus both wanted the last piece, Gus was actually eating it while it was in Dinky's mouth!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Prehaps I should start baking in bulk quantities now for all the forum "biscuit addicted" bunnies :love:

joey&bugys 2007
14-02-2010, 06:26 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Prehaps I should start baking in bulk quantities now for all the forum "biscuit addicted" bunnies :love:

Yes please :wave:

Mine go crazy for them too :lol:

Hugo's There
14-02-2010, 06:33 PM
I have just been having a few ideas.

Would people be happy to buy them in larger quantities?

louise and Gus
14-02-2010, 06:35 PM
I would :wave:

joey&bugys 2007
14-02-2010, 06:37 PM
I would as well - but how long would they last? - I mean how long would they be fresh for :)

Hugo's There
14-02-2010, 06:43 PM
In a tin a couple of months as they are completely dried out :wave:

joey&bugys 2007
14-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Then yes would defo buy a larger supply :D

hurricanhoney
14-02-2010, 06:49 PM

Definitely they go mad for them and with five buns it doesn't take long to eat them.

Tracy
14-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Just catching up on this thread. :wave:

You both do an amazing job. The stress you are under looking after so many buns with special needs is immense. I get stressed out looking after one special needs dental bun, so how you cope I cannot imagine.

You definitely need to look after yourselves and take a step back to gather your strength again.

The huge number of lovely posts on this thread is testament to what people think of you and the fantastic work that you do.

Michelleox
14-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Me and my mum would be a job lot of biccies :D

Hugo's There
14-02-2010, 09:14 PM

You both do an amazing job. The stress you are under looking after so many buns with special needs is immense. I get stressed out looking after one special needs dental bun, so how you cope I cannot imagine.

You definitely need to look after yourselves and take a step back to gather your strength again.

The huge number of lovely posts on this thread is testament to what people think of you and the fantastic work that you do.

Thank you so much :love:

And thank you to everyone that has taken the time to send pm's we really appreciate it and it has made our day a much happier one :)

Michelle I have already given Steve a shopping list for bunny baking :wave: :lol:

gillmanning
14-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Yes, I would love to buy them in a larger quantity too :D x

honeybunny
14-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Glad you are both feeling more positive xx

susieb1
14-02-2010, 09:42 PM
I was really saddened when I read through all these threads. I had heard of your rescue but was unaware of what exactly you did. So I checked out your website and must say that both you and Steve must be physically and mentally exhausted and above all such bunny lovers. I have two bunnies who take up an awful lot of my time though the enjoyment I get from them is amazing and has helped me through difficult times but you two have taken on so much and done so much good.
My love and best wishes go out to you two in whatever you decide to do. I'm not sure where you are, I am in Northampton. but if ever I can do anything practical to help, I would surely try my best. Lots of love to two amazing people.:wave:

bunny babe
14-02-2010, 10:58 PM
I was really saddened when I read through all these threads. I had heard of your rescue but was unaware of what exactly you did. So I checked out your website and must say that both you and Steve must be physically and mentally exhausted and above all such bunny lovers. I have two bunnies who take up an awful lot of my time though the enjoyment I get from them is amazing and has helped me through difficult times but you two have taken on so much and done so much good.
My love and best wishes go out to you two in whatever you decide to do. I'm not sure where you are, I am in Northampton. but if ever I can do anything practical to help, I would surely try my best. Lots of love to two amazing people.:wave:

Steve has put together a DVD of some of the bunnies who have had the pleasure of staying with Rainbow Rabbits. I had to wait until my hubby was out to watch it as I knew I was going to cry. They certainly are two very amazing people.

Steve, Liz - I have just read through this and am shocked that someone could send you a nasty PM. You are very highly thought of and respected on this forum and don't believe anything else.

I'm glad you have both had a nice day today. Take care.

raine
14-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Sounds as if youve had nice day and planning another bake-off.xx

Bluesmum
15-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Not been on the last couple of days but I'm shocked and horrified that someone was so horrible to you :cry:
What you do is amazing and a true inspiration.
On the biccy subject...I missed out last time...and I'm sure mine would love them....you should make a huge batch for the bunny thingy in April ;)

LurcherGirl
15-02-2010, 03:41 PM

I would, my 6 bunsters would love them. Vera

thumps_
15-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Firstly, are you feeling a little better today?

I think that the biscuits are a great idea as long as we don't pressure you.
I've only got 1 bun, on a strict no starch/sugar diet, but I'll ask the vet hospital if they'd like some.

natandfluffs
15-02-2010, 04:46 PM
My mummy is very slow at looking at these things, but me and the outside bunnies do like biccies and Mummy is not quite so clever at making them.

I will be taking control of the 'puter and looking for biccies in future. I do like nom noms....

Mum says you've been a bit sad and tired tho, so no pressure, and I'm also sending you lots of nose rubs and lickies to make you feel happy.

Lots of love Mr Fluff xx

PS, yes I wants LOTS

kitschkitty
17-02-2010, 02:50 AM

I agree.

(had typed more but I was rambling too much). :oops:

Hugo's There
17-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Well the no bunnies thing is going well :roll::lol::lol:

We are keeping the two that arrived last night, we have 2 more arriving Friday that we had already commited to and now we have been asked if we could help another bunny. She has a lot of serious problems and there is no way we could say no to her :love:

Oh and I have started baking biscuits for easter :D

kgattrell
17-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Thats because everyone knows how devoted you are to the bunnies, you have a very special personality which should be treasured..

Yeah, Ellie and Fudge would like some biscuits when they are ready please

Oh and this is of them both too :love::love::love::love:

Becky86
17-02-2010, 06:50 PM
I had somehow missed this thread Liz :shock::oops: I feel really guilty now :oops: The thing is, you both do such an amazing job :love: The bunnies have such a good quality of life with you and you give them the best care possible :love: I know our girly will be happy at yours :) Ive told her once shes better she has a choice of multiple husbuns! :lol:

Hugo's There
17-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I had somehow missed this thread Liz :shock::oops: I feel really guilty now :oops: The thing is, you both do such an amazing job :love: The bunnies have such a good quality of life with you and you give them the best care possible :love: I know our girly will be happy at yours :) Ive told her once shes better she has a choice of multiple husbuns! :lol:

Don't feel guilty, we can't wait for her to arrive :love: I have recently discovered that Steve says one thing and then does another :roll::lol::lol:

But I will say, after this bunny we are definately not taking any more for a bit ;) :lol::lol:

VikkiVet
17-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Don't feel guilty, we can't wait for her to arrive :love: I have recently discovered that Steve says one thing and then does another :roll::lol::lol:

But I will say, after this bunny we are definately not taking any more for a bit ;) :lol::lol:

I was going to ask, are you still having your break? Think its still a good idea, perhaps more so now you are actually feeling a bit better, so can really enjoy it rather than just survive and recover through it.

And you could maybe think of going on your honeymoon??? ;);)

donnamt
17-02-2010, 07:51 PM
i really think you need to update the title of this thread, i keep chuckling every time i see it when i mentally add... except for...... :lol::lol::lol:

Tinsel
17-02-2010, 07:53 PM
i really think you need to update the title of this thread, i keep chuckling every time i see it when i mentally add... except for...... :lol::lol::lol:

hehe same! :lol:

Becky86
17-02-2010, 08:02 PM
I was going to ask, are you still having your break? Think its still a good idea, perhaps more so now you are actually feeling a bit better, so can really enjoy it rather than just survive and recover through it.

And you could maybe think of going on your honeymoon??? ;);)

:shock: Are you saying Liz having Ronnie and Lolly isnt a good idea Vikki? :(

Snot really them ;)

angeleyes
17-02-2010, 08:04 PM

Aw is it Flic going to Liz's?

Becky86
17-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Aw is it Flic going to Liz's?

Yep :cry: She had blood tests today and has a brain parasite, which is what caused the fit :( She also has a slipped disk in her spine, which she did when she had the fit :( And to add to it all, shes a dental bun :(

She really is a little gem and im going to find it hard handing her over to Steve :oops: I best bring plenty of tissues. Its amazing how close you get to them when theyre poorly.

Hugo's There
17-02-2010, 08:32 PM

But the title doesn't say No more bunnies. it says No more bunnies?? which means its a question and the answers is yes lots more bunnies ;) :lol: :lol:

It would still be nice to try to get things a bit more settled so we can have a bit of time to get accommodation sorted etc.

I really didn't want to take those bunnies last night and was really surprised that Steve had organised it, but now they are here I am so glad. Like I have said before, they all end up here for a reason and there is no way we could turn Felicity away :love:

VikkiVet
17-02-2010, 08:35 PM
:shock: Are you saying Liz having Ronnie and Lolly isnt a good idea Vikki? :(

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:: shock::shock::shock::shock:

THUD

(i fainted)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

VikkiVet
17-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Yep :cry: She had blood tests today and has a brain parasite, which is what caused the fit :( She also has a slipped disk in her spine, which she did when she had the fit :( And to add to it all, shes a dental bun :(

She really is a little gem and im going to find it hard handing her over to Steve :oops: I best bring plenty of tissues. Its amazing how close you get to them when theyre poorly.

oooh, if flick is going to Liz then its not that far from me! ;)

donnamt
17-02-2010, 08:37 PM
But the title doesn't say No more bunnies. it says No more bunnies?? which means its a question and the answers is yes lots more bunnies ;) :lol: :lol:

good point :lol::lol::lol:

seems like those pair last night were just what your fella needed hun, to get past that helpless feeling of losing loved ones.. im really glad they came along and i hope they will be a great addition of binkies to your home.. :love::love:

Hugo's There
21-02-2010, 01:10 PM
My mummy is very slow at looking at these things, but me and the outside bunnies do like biccies and Mummy is not quite so clever at making them.

I will be taking control of the 'puter and looking for biccies in future. I do like nom noms....

Mum says you've been a bit sad and tired tho, so no pressure, and I'm also sending you lots of nose rubs and lickies to make you feel happy.

Lots of love Mr Fluff xx

PS, yes I wants LOTS

Bunny biscuits will be on sale this evening, the last batch are currently baking in the oven :) :wave: