• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg! :l Help! X

right.

im using my mums account but we both signed up for this :)

soo.....:wave:

me and my brother want rabbits and my other brother wants guinea pigs ( he is :evil:). can anybody tell me a cheap cage but it is still big enough for 2 rabbits???

thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum:wave:

You've come to the right place to find out about rabbits:D
Perhaps this will help you choose the right accommodation for your rabbits http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=215619&highlight=setups
it shows lots of different setups.
Are your rabbits going to be indoors or outdoors, whichever you choose they will need to have access either to a run or be able to free range for exercise, they need toys to stimulate them and access to unlimited hay, if you are getting a pair please make sure they are neutered, rabbits are inquisitive animals and love to chew, so keep this in mind if you are thinking of having them indoors;)
Rabbits also need to be vaccinated against myxomatosis twice a year and once a year against VHD depending on where you live the vaccinations can cost in the region of £20 each. (£60 per rabbit per year).
Also neutering for a male rabbit is approx £50 and £65 for a female, again this depends on the area you live. You will need to also find a rabbit savvy vet, as rabbits are classed as exotic animals and if they are unwell, they can deteriorate very quickly, so getting them to a vet early is very important.

This gives you a list of rescues, so perhaps you could think of adopting a pair of rabbits, they will be vaccinated and neutered and bonded http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

I hope I've not put you off, but have given you something to think about.

Just one last thing, guinea pigs and rabbits should not live together, their dietary needs are different, and also if a rabbit gets upset it could kick the guinea pig and cause fatal injuries:?

fortwo buns I have a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch attached to a 6ft x 4ft run :)
thats the mimumum they say
i got mine for around £200 of ebay

cheaper would be to get a £89 bandq shed 6x4 and attach a run :)

fortwo buns I have a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch attached to a 6ft x 4ft run :)
thats the mimumum they say
i got mine for around £200 of ebay

cheaper would be to get a £89 bandq shed 6x4 and attach a run :)

Or if you have them indoors you can make a lovely cage with two packs of NIC cubes for about £25 a pack, much cheaper than a hutch outside, and you can rearrange it so there's lots of levels and stuff :D
DSC00122.jpg

right.

im using my mums account but we both signed up for this :)

soo.....:wave:

me and my brother want rabbits and my other brother wants guinea pigs
( he is :evil:). can anybody tell me a cheap cage but it is still big enough for 2 rabbits???

thanks

Hi and welcome! Just a little warning here that bunnies and guinea pigs should never be kept together, contary to the thought that they make "best friends" they really don't. They have very different dietary requirements and bunnies will always bully them as they are bigger. And in the wild they wouldn't even be on the same continent!
Just a little tip incase you thought they could live together :wave:

Hi, and welcome to RU! :wave: The other posts offer very good advice, so I don't have much to add, except if you're ever unsure of anything feel free to ask. Be warned though, buns are blimmin expensive to keep! Mine 2 cost over £200 a month, and that's with discount. It's actually scaring me slightly! They certainly aren't the ideal pet if you're living on a budget.

Back