• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this big enough?

Lessie

Alpha Buck
Hi,

I know this is probably the most random/stupid thread ever:lol:

ANyway is this litter tray big enough for my bunny. She's a medium sized.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Small-Coloure...QQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Cats?hash=item3a5780e9dd

I've not bought/used a whole rectangle litter tray before. At the moment she's got a corner one, but she's does it everywhere now, not just in the corner tray.

So I've decided she needs a bigger one - and hopefully this will solve the problem!

Oh lastly, it is me or litter trays are expensive?! :? So far I've seen a range from £5 - £10 just for a litter tray !?

So that's why I'm on ebay :)

Thank-you

I would pick something deeper, by the time you add litter it would have much of an edge and bunnies have a tendency to sit on the edge and wee over. Try looking at storage boxes/washing bowls etc. in wilkos or a pound shop.

How old is your rabbit and is she neutered? If she's not neutered it might be marking in which case a new litter tray might not make much difference :(

i would use a bigger one, with higher sides.
A normal cat litter tray.
i use these in the hutch

Edit - this is where i get mine from, Wilkinsons Litter Trays

They do other colours instore :wave:

Last edited:
Wilkinsons do a nice deep cat litter tray (think they call it deluxe:roll:) for around £2.65, and my giants use that one in their run.
I generally use the underbed storage boxes though - only about £3.99 in supermarkets

I'd say it was too shallow. I use High backed square ones:
DSC00640.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

I have one like capel pictured for Jack and it works really well. I didn't want anything too big as it had to fit in his dog cage without taking all the space up. I like the fact it has nice high sides too.

If space wasn't an issue I'd have probably just got a Wilko's storage box though.

You can buy the Hi-Bac litter tray on ebay (( Here )) . :D

Don't buy that!

Go and look in a few pound shops - they have cat litter trays. I got Charlies from there and it's deep enough that he doesn't pee over the edge!

And it was cheap, best buy for him I've ever had :lol:

Hi,

I know this is probably the most random/stupid thread ever:lol:

ANyway is this litter tray big enough for my bunny. She's a medium sized.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Small-Coloure...QQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Cats?hash=item3a5780e9dd

I've not bought/used a whole rectangle litter tray before. At the moment she's got a corner one, but she's does it everywhere now, not just in the corner tray.

So I've decided she needs a bigger one - and hopefully this will solve the problem!

Oh lastly, it is me or litter trays are expensive?! :? So far I've seen a range from £5 - £10 just for a litter tray !?

So that's why I'm on ebay :)

Thank-you

Wilkos sell cat litter trays quite deeply, plus underbed boxes etc that you could use for a bun quite cheaply, have a look in the pet section and the bedroom/storage section..........saves on postage !!

Back