• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a good bunny vet near Whitefield, Manchester

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
It looks like my sister's lovely Lionhead Simba is going to be a dental bun. :(
The only thing is, her vet, although very good has said it will cost £140 to put her under GA and file her back tooth on the right hand side.

They've said her teeth are at borderline state and that they should wait to do the operation. We're not sure if we agree with that, because wouldn't it be worse to wait until she stops eating. Then the GA will be a lot more dangerous and right now she's in peak condition.

My sister is with me at the moment so our brother and mum took her to the vets this afternoon. She's going to ring them herself tomorrow to ask what the situation is and why it will cost so much. But in the meantime does anyone in Manchester have any dental buns who can recommend a good rabbit savvy vet?

Cheers. :)

Companion care at Pets at Home Elk Mill Oldham. They are good with my two and did Cheeky's dental last summer but it won't be any cheaper than you have been quoted already. In fact i was there today for a full check up and nail clip for mine and I'm £60 lighter :shock:

For a check up and nail clip, wowee! I go to tameside vets and its rather cheap. Could you not clip them yourself:shock: I do white toes myself, but they don't need them doing as they are on concrete

Back