• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding into a foursome :-(

vicki267

Mama Doe
Started about 2pm and just had to call it a day, we've had a lot of upheval lately (hence not being on here much), and I'm just too tired to keep watch on them.

Kira ignored them all to start with, she just wasn't bothered, sitting in the litter tray with them, eating hay with them and even eventually flopping out next to them, Alfie groomed her and she seemed to like it.

Arnie and Eva seemed to become friends, she groomed him and vice versa, then he started humping her and she allowed him to, then he nipped her and she was ok, then he nipped her a little too hard and she tried to put him back in his place!

Arnie went for Aflie a couple of times and then he got into a bit of a tangle with Eva again.

I just cant do it at the moment so now Arnie and Kira and Eva and Alfie are back in their own separate areas :cry:

I'm not sure when my life will start being less stressful so do you think it might be worth enquiring about someone else bonding them? Who's near to me in Bournemouth?

I have bonded two pairs and a trio before but as I said above, I just dont have the strength for this right now :?

Cheers

Vicki

Maybe you'll have better luck than me.

I knew Arnie would have problems with another male but my other male Stevie would attack them even more :cry:

I think it's just a bad time for me to try bonding them, grr.

whiksey is behaving like a hitler, the other 3 are backed in against the pen wall, whiskey occasionally nudges them, then backs off :s

Now Arnie is humping Kira and ripping out all of her fur :( I hope todays attempt at bonding them with another pair wont break their bond, they were so in love and now she seems so scared of him.

She gets on with the other two but I wouldn't want Arnie to be on his own - Cant win either way now, I may as well just try again tomorrow.

Any tips on not stressing about the fighting and chasing if I do try again or Sunday?

I'm trying them again after some sleep!

I feel a bit braver and we've had a lot of 3 way fights (Kira just sits there watches them but has now starting thumping which scares the boys into another fight).

Eva is petrified now though, the boys are still fighting occasionally but generally avoid each other. After the last fight Alf was scared stiff and Arnie nipped his bum a few times but Alf didn't react so Arnie went away!

As long as things dont get worse I'm keeping it going but the vets close at 6pm so I'm gonna see where I'm at at 5pm ish.

Wish me luck...

Back