• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What month do you put your rabbit's outside?

Lynn's Bunny

Mama Doe
Hi all,

My rabbit lives in our workshop thru fall and winter. He then goes out into a secure pen during spring and summer. There isn't heating in the workshop and he is free range.

What month should I move him back outdoors? He does have a hutch that is inside the pen and the pen has a cedar roof.

Thanks,
Lynn

I personally wouldnt put him back out till its alot warmer. But i am in the frozen UK. I think its all personal prefrence in all honesty, some of the members have their rabbits outside now.

I think I'm going to wait until end of April beginning of May. And bring him indoors at night. If its a sunny day I let him out for a few hours run about in the garden which he enjoys as long as its not his nap time. lol!

Both of my bunnies are outside now. They live outside all year round and are happy and content. Bramble like being out in his run 24/7 and the weather seems not to bother him, Buddy like to be snuggled in his hutch on colder days but will adventure into his run if not too cold.All my bunnies have alaway lived outside in the garden since I was 6 and it have never bothered any of them.

You really need to judge by temperature not date. It depends when the warm weather kicks in. Try monitoring how low the temperature gets where he currently is at night during the weather and when it gets to that over night outside he can go out and you'll know he already copes fine with that temperature :)

Back