• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roo's poorly... home and groomed thoroughly by his missus :)

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I was just about to set off to work and chuck them some greens and Roo looked uncomfortable. I haven't got time to see if he comes out of it as really need to get to work, so I'm rushing him to the vets straight away - best place for him anyway really.

Any vibes for Roo would be appreciated. He will be with his Auntie Frances in about an hours time and I'm going straight to work after that

:cry::cry::cry: It's about a year since he's had one of these bloat episodes :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Thanks for the vibes everybody :D

Roo has been x-rayed and had bloods taken this time - everything looks good, there is no clue as to why he was in pain/not eating.

All I can think is he was so nervous in the car he pumped out the gas taht was giving him pain :roll::lol:

Anyhow the vet examined him and put him in one of their baskets so he could be admitted and he was immediately digging frantically in the carrier (oi mate, you're supposed to be poorly!).

Anyhow his Auntie Frances rang to say he was alright, it was too late for me to sprint from work across the county to get him so all being well I'll be collecting him tomorrow morning :D .... meanwhile, Tinks has to celebrate her 2nd burfdays on her own.:(

So glad Roo is ok! Hes just keeping you on your toes ;) Give Tinks birthday nose rubs from me :love: xXx

Thanks for the good wishes everybody and Tinks says fankq for the birfday wishes, she's not too sure about the nose rubs but says fankq for the thought :lol::lol:

He's got to stay in another 24 hours :cry::cry::cry:

He's not eaten enough apparently.

FHB give the indication that he would be most likely to come home today but her colleague wants to keep him in as he's not eating enough

My opinion is he's not eating as he is in a strange place separated from Tink.

I'm beside myself that he has to stay - shocked to say the least :cry::cry::cry:

ETA... now I've got over the initial shock of it - they couldn't find a reason for him not eating so I suppose they have to make sure he's eating well before he comes home, it just came as a shock, I was fully expecting him home. :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Anybody got any get well/eating vibes for the very lovely Rudy?? :cry::cry:

He's a really scardy bun, scared of all shadows and bumps, he'll be so frightened on his own and wondering why he has been separated from Tinks ... Tinks is such a lonely sad little figure too :cry::cry:

i've only just seen this. horrible when you know they don't eat because they're in a strange place - so frustrating but i suppose the vets have to be sure before they let him come home:(

get well soon rudy - tinks is missing you:wave:

i've only just seen this. horrible when you know they don't eat because they're in a strange place - so frustrating but i suppose the vets have to be sure before they let him come home:(

get well soon rudy - tinks is missing you:wave:

Thanks. I don't know who's the bigger stress-head - me or Rudy :oops::oops:

Also, with Roo, he does have a history of one dental where the spurs weren't visible without him being unconscious so I suppose ...I know it is appropriate but I just know how much he'll be stressing :cry::cry:

Oh no poor lad :cry:

If he is still not eating much tomorrow maybe you could say to the Vet that you think it may be because he is stressed :?

Sending vibes for him

xx

Oh no poor lad :cry:

If he is still not eating much tomorrow maybe you could say to the Vet that you think it may be because he is stressed :?

Sending vibes for him

xx

I'm thinking of asking to speak to the vet tomorrow if they say they want to keep him in. I think there's about a 90% chance that it's just stress. Hopefully by tomorrow they will have decided that. I really don't want to get 'challenging' but unless there's any particular health suspicions I think he's better with Tink and me monitoring his eating, by tomorrow.

Oh no :cry: Poor lad. I do hope he will be ok, hes probably home sick :cry: Hope you get him home tomorrow hun xxx

Back