• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Conti pics please

Oscar :love:

Photo-0001.jpg

Photo024-1.jpg

They are stunners:love:

I met a few at a breeder but was wondering if their body shape was "normal" or whether it was cos exercise was so restricted.

If you lot don't mind - how old are these guys & what's their history (ie did they have a:censored: home or go straight to a good one:D)

Well Daisy came from a breeder :oops: and came straight to me, and although she'd probably prefer an unlimited supply of treats I think it's reasonably safe to say straight to a good home :lol:

My Daisy is quite petite for a conti - she's only 5.7 / 5.8kg - and has a less rounded look than some contis. She's nearly 18 months old now, so I think she's probably fully grown :)

Lyric must be about 10 months now she was quite skinny when i got her,I think she was orginally from a breeder not sure if it was good or bad you will have to ask Jill

Hera and Ra are 4yrs and 3yrs. Hera came into the rescue around 8 months old - she was saved from the chop from being the wrong colour - and I adopted her when she was around 18 months.
Ra came in with all his brothers and mum when he was a baby, and I took him home when he was 6 months old.
Both have spent all the time in rescue and at my home in very large accommodation.

Mine are 6.8kg each, but will be a bit leaner again in the summer (I allow them to put a bit more on in the winter)

Not sure how old hercules is, but think hes around 18 months

What was it about the body shape of the breeders buns that worried you?

What was it about the body shape of the breeders buns that worried you?

Excess bodyfat - the buns are actively being bred from - or just in the process of "retiring", so all are 1-2 years old. It was actually someone else that pointed it out to me - I haven't seen healthy-lifestyle contis to compare them to. They are obviously un-neutered but they are all really flabby. There's no runs, so exercise is severely restricted. I can't go into too much, but body movement seems a bit odd on a couple too:cry:

I got Bella after she was dumped in the pet shop my OH was working in by a breeder.

She was about 13 months old when she was dumped and had already had 3 or 4 litters (the 'breeder' couldn't remember :roll:). She was dumped because she had an abcess the size of a tennis ball behind her leg :cry:

She weighed 7.5kg when we first got her, 18 months later she is now 6.8kg and looks a lot better for it. She does however have a saggy tummy, which I think is from too much breeding and starting breeding so young (for a conti).

Back