• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We've found a baby rabbit....

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
"We've found a baby rabbit - we've got it in a box"................................

and that was how Catkin arrived at the rescue a few weeks ago, the first admission of 2010, and as we all know in rescue work things are never quite straightforward.......

Catkin, as he has now been christened, did indeed arrive as a stra...y in a carboard box. A lady had spotted him sitting in the middle of the road, with a cat fast approaching, so she caught him and bought him to us.

Well, the "baby" turned out to be a rather elderly bun, in truly shocking condition :-(
He was skin and bone, absolutely riddled with fleas, had a chronic ear and eye infection, really bad teeth and someone had cut all his fur off!
You can see in the photo that he's had a bad haircut - we reckon he may be a cashmere lop and so should look like a big fluff ball.

I saw Catkin on the night he arived, and to be honest I didn't think he'd make the night. He had no interest in food and sat hunched in the back of his cage looking like Eeyore - really you'd have cried if you'd seen him.
Luckily for Catkin he arrived at the right place, and Operation Louise swung into action!! Lots of tlc, the right medication, somewhere warm and safe to live and a good diet have worked wonders.
These pictures are two weeks after arrival, and as you can see he's looking happy and brighter, although he still has lots of Eeyore moments.
He has a long road ahead, and is likely to remain a sanctuary bun given how bad his teeth and ears are (we do not rehome sick animals, but give them sanctuary and companionship, for the rest of their lives)
If your interested in Catkin I will keep giving updates on how he is doing, and please think about sponsorship - it's cases like Catkin that really need your support.

catkin2.jpg

catkin.jpg

He's beautiful, bless the lady who took him to you. Yes please keep us updated on how he's doing, with lots of photos!:D

so sad:( hats off to the fab lady who picked him up and to you guys for doing such a great job with him:)

Back