• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weighing Bunnies - digital luggage scales?

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
I have some digital luggage scales and was going to try to ue them to weight the buns. What could I use to put them in so they don't wriggle :oops:

I have tried stand on scales, but they seem to change depending on where he is stood or hops to. :roll:

Homey has lost weight so want to keep close eye on him. If he loses any more the vet is going to do bloods, but at the moment there are no other "signs" and he is bouncing around very happy.

I pop mine into a little carrier box. I've got scales with a hook on the end (like fish weighing scales I think) so just hook the hook onto the carrier.
They wriggle a bit but can't get anywhere.

:lol: We just put him in one of those soft buckets (plaster bucket type things) and gave him a sweet to keep him still. The weights ranged from 3.90 to 4.25 :roll: including the bucket at 0.75. - 4.20 came up 3 times and 4.25 came up 4 times.

Wish there was something more accurate.

i don' think the luggage ones are entirely inaccurate, ive tried rosie on them, and as she moved each time the reading has been different, so i gave up bothering, and just wait until she is at vets, but she is there evry week anyway soo i have an excuse to weigh her

Last edited:
I hold mine then get on myself. Although it's not very accurate, I just need to know roughly usually

Back