• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amazing Miss Marple

Lillian

Warren Veteran
More than a week ago she became seriously ill, she was too weak to even stand up, she couldn't walk at all, couldn't feed herself. The vet looked at her and said in the state she's in it's very unlikely she will survive but i asked to try treatment anyway.

Since then i've had to syringe feed her every few hours, give her meds throughout the day, bathe her, keep her warm and clean her cage everyday. At first i started regretting choosing to treat her as she was so ill, but a few days back while i was sorting her meds out, she sat up and ate all by herself :D It was the first time i saw in her eyes that she had started to fight. Her strength is slowly growing, she's gone from being unable to walk, to walking in circles, falling over alot, to walking with the occasional wobbly.

She saw the vet again yesterday, and the vet was impressed that she'd improved, but still cautious as she has a long way to go before she could look after herself again. We are continuing with meds for a couple more weeks to see how much more she improves.

After her bath the other evening

MissMarple.jpg

In the evenings and mornings we get the dressing gown out and hot water bottle and have a snuggle before dinner and breakfast :)

Mm.jpg

Mm2.jpg

A nice stretch across the hot water bottle while listening to Eagles :lol:

Mm3.jpg

Mm4.jpg

Mm7.jpg

Having her favourite breakfast, warm mashed banana

Mm5.jpg

Then coming over for attention

Mm6.jpg

My brave little Miss Marple :love::love:

Just seen this thread, and can't believe no one has commented how gorgeous she is!!! :love::love:

She looks like a fighter to me, and she is certainly beautiful :love:

Sending her lots of vibes and get well soon (((hugs)))

Last edited:
Wow, i never knew rats were so affectionate, she looks like a wee darling.
I hope my Inca has as much fighting spirit!

She's just over a year old. She's on baytril and some homeopathic tablets.

Awww I hope she perks up for you, my rats used to love warm mashed potatoe aswell, in moderation but, they also went mad for warm brown wholegrain rice and mashed brocolli warm. I swear by the wholegrain rice and a few flaked almonds aswell ;) Freddie who lived to be 3 used to love a teaspoon size of wholemeal bread crust with a little bit of butter and blueberry or any seedless jam really, didn't do him any harm, anything in moderation and I preferred that to the shop bought choc drops etc. Fingers crossed for little Miss Marple she is lovely, I wouldn't bathe her everyday if you can possibly help it. I also found keeping Freddie really warm when he got older really helped him as he had HLD for the last 3 months :( Best of luck x

Awwww she looks a bit similar to my nezzie, always have a soft spot for ratties like this :love:
She's so gorgeous and even though she's poorly she looks happy, you're clearly an amazing owner to her :love:

Awww I hope she perks up for you, my rats used to love warm mashed potatoe aswell, in moderation but, they also went mad for warm brown wholegrain rice and mashed brocolli warm. I swear by the wholegrain rice and a few flaked almonds aswell ;) Freddie who lived to be 3 used to love a teaspoon size of wholemeal bread crust with a little bit of butter and blueberry or any seedless jam really, didn't do him any harm, anything in moderation and I preferred that to the shop bought choc drops etc. Fingers crossed for little Miss Marple she is lovely, I wouldn't bathe her everyday if you can possibly help it. I also found keeping Freddie really warm when he got older really helped him as he had HLD for the last 3 months :( Best of luck x

She only has a full bath when she's covered in porridge etc, otherwise i wash her over with damp cotton wool in the evenings. I'm going to pick her up some other bits to eat, i'll grab some of the bits you mentioned :)

Don't tell my brother as he'd kill me :lol:, but Miss Marple is in his bedroom for the weekend, as it's the warmest room and the sun shines through the window all day :) My mum joked his room is like a creche, cos i put the hamster, Hyde and Miss Marple in their today :lol: Hope he don't come home early :shock:

She only has a full bath when she's covered in porridge etc, otherwise i wash her over with damp cotton wool in the evenings. I'm going to pick her up some other bits to eat, i'll grab some of the bits you mentioned :)

Don't tell my brother as he'd kill me :lol:, but Miss Marple is in his bedroom for the weekend, as it's the warmest room and the sun shines through the window all day :) My mum joked his room is like a creche, cos i put the hamster, Hyde and Miss Marple in their today :lol: Hope he don't come home early :shock:

:lol: Yes try the uncle bens wholegrain brown rice cooked and served warm, just a tablespoon with a few flaked almonds on top, a small little bit of tuna is good too, when your cooking pasta aswell do a couple of extra bits and give her a couple with some olive oil on ;) The warmth from the sun is lovely as long as she has cover for her eyes, a hidey hole if she wants to get away from it, fresh air aswell open the window a bit. I think warmth and rest and some good foods will help especially if she is now trying to fight it herself. Keep it updated with her progress x

Back