• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you help me with my space for shed - any ideas welcome!

kaths101

Warren Veteran
:wave: ok I have finally decided on a shed/run to house my buns in the spring - all currently indoors!
This is the area im working with - taken on my birthday in the summer :D (The concrete bit at the back)

GEDC0017.jpg

It measure 7 x 13 ft. I think I would like to put 4 buns out there - its just how i do it???? helllp - I have thought a 7x5 shed with double doors in corner of the garden
like this
http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Sheds/BillyOh-Lincoln-Tongue-and-Groove-Apex-8-x-6

Ideally 4 together (my 3 plus 1 rescue girlie - rescue to bond ;)) so they will have the 7 x 5 shed plus permenant access via cat flap to the 7 x 8 run.
If 4 dont bond (my 3 plus 1) then 2 pairs - so split the shed in half so they both have 7 x 2.5ft shed with levels and half the run space 8 x 3.5 run via cat flap - the only problem is getting the pair on the other side of the shed into their run? maybe I could make a covered tunnel along the back?

Ive just measured up and taken this pic in the rain and fog :roll: - No sun here today!! so you can have an idea what Im talking about... outlines in wood!

CIMG1594-1.jpg

What do you think any other ideas?? - I have been pondering this for weeks -ideally I would like both pairs to have their own shed but thats not going to work - I have also looked at double 6ft hutches with runs but I really want something I can walk in and be with them! They will also have free-range time when I have time to be in the garden with them!! Which will be alot through the summer..Thanks for reading this far :oops::lol:

First option sounds fine

second option - if you put the run sideways i.e. the long side of the run against the longside of the shed, you could split the shed and have a catflap and run each side?

Or put the second run out onto the grass so forming an L shape with the shed as the corner of the L (not quite sure how the doors work in that example....)

But sounds big enough etc for 4 together too! ;)

First option sounds fine

second option - if you put the run sideways i.e. the long side of the run against the longside of the shed, you could split the shed and have a catflap and run each side?

Or put the second run out onto the grass so forming an L shape with the shed as the corner of the L (not quite sure how the doors work in that example....)

But sounds big enough etc for 4 together too! ;)

second option - Yes i will have 2 cat flaps for each to get in their runs but I dont understand about having it long ways?

BungleBunny - I cant really make it out from the picture - So have you split your shed like bunk beds?? and youve got one run on top of the other??

second option - Yes i will have 2 cat flaps for each to get in their runs but I dont understand about having it long ways?

what i mean is, say the run is 6x4, rather than the run sticking out away from the shed, you put the 6ft edge against the shed, so across the concrete you have the 4 ft side, then the shed, then the other 4 ft side of the second run

Just thinking it might fit better that way. So you could split the shed down the middle, front to back, with a door each, and a run each.

so a run either side of the shed?? :oops: sorry if I am being REALLY dim, so the shed will sit in the middle of the concrete not in the corner?
I think I would prefer that if thats what you mean.. so that means the 2 pairs wouldnt be able to see each other in the run which would prob be a good thing if the 4 dont bond - Im still in 2 minds to try!

so a run either side of the shed?? :oops: sorry if I am being REALLY dim, so the shed will sit in the middle of the concrete not in the corner?
I think I would prefer that if thats what you mean.. so that means the 2 pairs wouldnt be able to see each other in the run which would prob be a good thing if the 4 dont bond - Im still in 2 minds to try!

:thumb:
I think thats what Vikki means...then no refferred aggression.
(thats what I tried to say with the sandwich :oops: )

I think like this, just double up on all the partitions to make sure they can't see / bite each other through it.
shedslipt.jpg

Although all the proportions are completely wrong there

I think this would work better for 2 pairs :) Sounds fab! But then you'd have to attempt the bond before putting the shed up surely :lol: xXx

I think like this, just double up on all the partitions to make sure they can't see / bite each other through it.
shedslipt.jpg

Although all the proportions are completely wrong there

Yes thats what I was thinking it would be worth getting a shed with windows on both sides of where the divide will be aswell so both sides have light and ventilaton when the shed door is shut. I think if your worried about them being in the run on grass you might need to lay some more slabs for the runs to go on. I think your confused because your thinking of having the shed door on the left hand side of the concreted area are you? In that case it wouldn't work- yes it would :? I'm confused now :lol:

I think this would work better for 2 pairs :) Sounds fab! But then you'd have to attempt the bond before putting the shed up surely :lol: xXx

Yes thats the problem - I can buy the shed but cant buy or sort out the runs until I know which way it will go with the bond - far easier with 4 together!..
but until i know if its a group or 2 pairs I cant have a homecheck as i wont have the whole set up and I want to get the 4th bunny from a rescue - so how will that work?? Can I sill have a homecheck even though I wont have the whole thing ready?
arrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes thats the problem - I can buy the shed but cant buy or sort out the runs until I know which way it will go with the bond - far easier with 4 together!..
but until i know if its a group or 2 pairs I cant have a homecheck as i wont have the whole set up and I want to get the 4th bunny from a rescue - so how will that work?? Can I sill have a homecheck even though I wont have the whole thing ready?
arrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh gosh, what a nightmare!! :lol: I suppose you could show the rescue your flat packed shed ;) Only joking!! I should think the rescue would want to see the set up :? Which would be hard for you without knowing if you were having a 4/2 pairs :?

If it were me, id stick with 2 pairs :oops: But thats because from my experience bigger groups tend to have more fallings out and arent as solid as pairs. Whos your local rescue?? :)

Oh gosh, what a nightmare!! :lol: I suppose you could show the rescue your flat packed shed ;) Only joking!! I should think the rescue would want to see the set up :? Which would be hard for you without knowing if you were having a 4/2 pairs :?

If it were me, id stick with 2 pairs :oops: But thats because from my experience bigger groups tend to have more fallings out and arent as solid as pairs. Whos your local rescue?? :)

I would go for 2 pairs initially certainly, it is going to be completely new for Oreo and Sooty anyway so they have that adjustment to make anyway and you want Charlie to bond with the new girlie and settle/bond with her yourself. If you are serious about the 4 bond do it later on when they are all chilled out but, then it might be better to send them off for bonding which will give you time to neutralise their housing ready for their return?

Yes thats what I was thinking it would be worth getting a shed with windows on both sides of where the divide will be aswell so both sides have light and ventilaton when the shed door is shut. I think if your worried about them being in the run on grass you might need to lay some more slabs for the runs to go on. I think your confused because your thinking of having the shed door on the left hand side of the concreted area are you? In that case it wouldn't work- yes it would :? I'm confused now :lol:

Im really confused.... Yes I was going to look at getting the windows both sides - do you think the company would do that?? Its only the case of 2 panals the same - I know I will have to pay more though. The run wont be on the grass?? The shed will be facing the front, I would like it all to be face fronting as I can see them from my kitchen window.. wont it look a bit stange with a shed stuck in the middle of the patio??? its big anyway - i thought I could keep it tucked away in the corner :?

shedplan2.jpg

yes I think I had better build it with 2 pairs in mind, and go from there! I havent got a local rescue :cry::cry::cry: everyone is at least 2 hours away, and I would want them to bond charlie for me, i dont mind what girl he chooses - I have my eye on Dixie :love: and Rosie :love: from you at Walsall -but whether charlie agrees - who knows?? :lol:
but you dont bond do you?? or else there is Honeybunnies, Fat Fluffs or BARC...I think Honeybunnies is closest. (they have had some lovely dutch girls in today! :love::love:) I really dont mind who he has as long as he has someone to snuggle up to! Im really not keen in risking Sooty and Oreos bond as well as they are very very snuggley! :love:

Last edited:
Both of those drawings could work well :) I agree, if it were me id want the shed in the corner :oops: Our sheds are both in corners of the garden :oops: seems to look neater like that.

Only thing is, you'd need to put something inbetween the runs to stop them seeing each other? Suppose you could use ply or something with mesh either side

yes I think I had better build it with 2 pairs in mind, and go from there! I havent got a local rescue :cry::cry::cry: everyone is at least 2 hours away, and I would want them to bond charlie for me, i dont mind what girl he chooses - I have my eye on Dixie :love: and Rosie :love: from you at Walsall -but whether charlie agrees - who knows?? :lol:
but you dont bond do you?? or else there is Honeybunnies, Fat Fluffs or BARC...I think Honeybunnies is closest. I really dont mind who he has as long as he has someone to snuggle up to! Im really not keen in risking Sooty and Oreos bond as well as they are very very snuggley! :love:

Awwwh :( I never realised you didnt have a local rescue :( We dont offer bonding no :( You could bond 2 singles yourself though, you did Sooty and Oreo ;) I guess if you did start off with 2 pairs, and you set the shed out like in your second drawing, you could always move the divide in the run when you bonded them all? To make one big run?

Back