• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the hasmters i took on warning furless oldie

bunlover

Warren Veteran
some of you may remember i took on an elderly hamster and its 4month old son i was shocked when i collected and while i was going to seperate them she got so distressed when i took him away i have left them together as you will probebly agree form the pics her thinness (despite eating) and her furless body and age (over 2yrs) make me think she is unlikely to get pregnant,

here they are (ps new tank for them coming sat yippee))
zstuff040.jpg

zstuff036.jpg

this is mummy (currently called pat but i think she needs a new name)
zstuff035.jpg

with boy sorry photos blurry she kept moving... boy is called rocky and is quite big have checked sexes definatly 1xmale 1xfemale

zstuff032.jpg

these pictures are all playtime in the run..... thier current cage is a tub cage
zstuff031.jpg

and for comparison my little boy martin also a robvorski
petsgalore021-1.jpg

and poptart sadi she wasnt to be left out.
petsgalore025-1.jpg

Last edited:
Aww, poor wee soul. Good on you for taking them in.

Hee hee I like their seesaw. What's your new tank like? I get so excited about new houses :oops::lol:

Aaww why is she furless? Is it stress related or mites??

She needs a little knitted coat!

nope not mites, dont know if stress the original owners believ its to do with her age i think it may be due to lack of protein so am feeding a protien rich diet to them now..she has tiny tufts bless her but is so freindly!!!! :love:

also i dont knit :( so any takers to making one? she is tiny!!!!!

hamstertank.jpg

and i got it off ebay! :):) oh think they will like it lots! :)

thats fab:shock: nosey me....how much and was it a one off or an ebay shop? my syrians in a similar one but that looks even bigger (sure i could put something small and furry needing a home in one of those......

Aw. I don't know if it helps but this is a quotation from a good (and very knowledgable) hamster breeder regarding fur loss:

I would try some debittered brewer's yeast from Holland & Barratt sprinkled on her food and maybe a drop of codliver oil every few days and this may help her coat. It can also be hormone related in older females and some soya based food like the tofu or maybe some beansprouts would boost her and also some green veg like broccolli or green cabbage.

Hope it helps. When we took on an elderly female hamster (now at the bridge, bless her!) she was half bald and we tried the above - it definitely helped. :D

They are all real cuties!! :love:

Aw. I don't know if it helps but this is a quotation from a good (and very knowledgable) hamster breeder regarding fur loss:

Hope it helps. When we took on an elderly female hamster (now at the bridge, bless her!) she was half bald and we tried the above - it definitely helped. :D

They are all real cuties!! :love:

thanks for that, she is having poridge oats soaked in water, chicken pieces, pasta, egg and other bits (in small quantities) to suppliment, i will find out about the tofu and other stuff you mentioned. hormone related could very well be it as she has been bred quite a lot i believe, x

thats fab:shock: nosey me....how much and was it a one off or an ebay shop? my syrians in a similar one but that looks even bigger (sure i could put something small and furry needing a home in one of those......

i paid £25 on ebay but it was a local guy selling it its massive adn they love it!! :)

Back