• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is it with me and rabbits today????? help please!....u/d - good news!

PearlyGirl

Mama Doe
After my other thread this morning about seeing the bunny in the garden centre and wanting to save it....
Someone has just knocked on my door to tell me there is a tiny rabbit loose on the field near my house. They knew i had rabbits (i must be known as the crazy rabbit lady now!) They said it is fawn/sand coloured and tiny. Was seen hiding under a bush but they couldn't catch it. There are an awful lot of dogs walked on that field every day. What do i do? do i go and try to find it? (silly question really) then what do i do with it??? HELP PLEASE!!!

Last edited:
I hope it's not the one you saw in the shop, which managed to escape.....:lol: Even men won't fall for that trick.

Can you get a few friends to help and go there with a carrier? But if you can't keep it, then you need to make sure a rescue has a space for it before you do anything. Maybe a local rescue could also help with catching the bunny.

hmm, never thought if that one :lol::lol:
Nope that one was a little black bun with a white nose :love:
I have a carrier,i think i know where it may be if it's still there, i can't leave it there though if i find it :(

Bunny retrieved...tiny little thing sandy colour with white underneath looks about 5-6 weeks old max :(
Couldn't rest until i had looked for he/she especially with the freezing weather again tonight

Was more down to some leopard crawling and a blanket than my skills i think :lol: poor thing was so scared it didn't move at all :cry:

I dunno :? i was just justifying why i couldn't have the 'garden centre' bun (other thread) as i already have 3 bunsters!
I am just trying to get a pic of it now...it's shaking poor thing :(

Thanks Cat :)
I was feeling so bad for thinking of buying a bunny to save it from god knows what sort of life then this happened.....:roll:

Pics are not so good as i had to use my phone rather than give it the full flash of the camera. She weighs 1 pound :( and had a dirty bum and smells a bit too (my little boy says she is lovely but smells of wee :?)

Any names for this little bunster anyone? (think it may be a girl but could be wrong) although i really shoudn't name it til we decide what to do i suppose
securedownload-1.jpg

securedownload-1-1.jpg

Do you know what kind of bush she was hiding under?
Or the name of the park?
She is lovely :love:

Good idea,but no idea about the bush and the ground is just wasteland :( on my estate that is used to walk dogs and a shortcut down to the cricket field.
I thought about lucky but didn't want to jinx her/him. Just hope she/he is gonna be ok :? pics make bun look big but just a bit bigger than palm of my hand really

Back