PDA

View Full Version : What is it with me and rabbits today????? help please!....u/d - good news!

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 02:01 PM
After my other thread this morning about seeing the bunny in the garden centre and wanting to save it....
Someone has just knocked on my door to tell me there is a tiny rabbit loose on the field near my house. They knew i had rabbits (i must be known as the crazy rabbit lady now!) They said it is fawn/sand coloured and tiny. Was seen hiding under a bush but they couldn't catch it. There are an awful lot of dogs walked on that field every day. What do i do? do i go and try to find it? (silly question really) then what do i do with it??? HELP PLEASE!!!

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 02:07 PM
anyone??? :?

Bavarian Bunny
11-02-2010, 02:10 PM
I hope it's not the one you saw in the shop, which managed to escape.....:lol: Even men won't fall for that trick.

Can you get a few friends to help and go there with a carrier? But if you can't keep it, then you need to make sure a rescue has a space for it before you do anything. Maybe a local rescue could also help with catching the bunny.

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 02:33 PM
hmm, never thought if that one :lol::lol:
Nope that one was a little black bun with a white nose :love:
I have a carrier,i think i know where it may be if it's still there, i can't leave it there though if i find it :(

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Bunny retrieved...tiny little thing sandy colour with white underneath looks about 5-6 weeks old max :(
Couldn't rest until i had looked for he/she especially with the freezing weather again tonight

biscuitblossom
11-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Bunny retrieved...tiny little thing sandy colour with white underneath looks about 5-6 weeks old max :(
Couldn't rest until i had looked for he/she especially with the freezing weather again tonight

aaw well done ....we need piccies now!!

charmaine
11-02-2010, 04:04 PM
well done that didnt take you long :D

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Was more down to some leopard crawling and a blanket than my skills i think :lol: poor thing was so scared it didn't move at all :cry:

Hoppit!
11-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :( I wonder where it's from? What ya gunna do with it?

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I dunno :? i was just justifying why i couldn't have the 'garden centre' bun (other thread) as i already have 3 bunsters!
I am just trying to get a pic of it now...it's shaking poor thing :(

~ Cat ~
11-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Awwwww thank you for rescuing it. What a lovely thing to do x x x

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks Cat :)
I was feeling so bad for thinking of buying a bunny to save it from god knows what sort of life then this happened.....:roll:

Bluesmum
11-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Oh bless it....poor little mite.
So glad you caught it and it is warm and safe.....
PICS!!!!

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Pics are not so good as i had to use my phone rather than give it the full flash of the camera. She weighs 1 pound :( and had a dirty bum and smells a bit too (my little boy says she is lovely but smells of wee :?)

Any names for this little bunster anyone? (think it may be a girl but could be wrong) although i really shoudn't name it til we decide what to do i suppose
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/claireb1/securedownload-1.jpg
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/claireb1/securedownload-1-1.jpg

drpengie
11-02-2010, 04:23 PM
aww how utterly cute :love:

how about Lucky?

steph182
11-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Oh my god how adorable?! I want her!
Well done for saving the poor little thing!

Bluesmum
11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Do you know what kind of bush she was hiding under?
Or the name of the park?
She is lovely :love:

Jack's-Jane
11-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Well done :)

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Do you know what kind of bush she was hiding under?
Or the name of the park?
She is lovely :love:

Good idea,but no idea about the bush and the ground is just wasteland :( on my estate that is used to walk dogs and a shortcut down to the cricket field.
I thought about lucky but didn't want to jinx her/him. Just hope she/he is gonna be ok :? pics make bun look big but just a bit bigger than palm of my hand really

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Well done :)
:) Thanks for your help Jane

Hoppit!
11-02-2010, 04:37 PM
She's absolutely beautiful! Caramel? Cinnamon? Nutmeg? Ginger? Honey?

clarebear
11-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Well done for rescuing her, I would have had to do the same. Have you got somewhere you can keep her? She is lovely. How about calling her Valentine, as it's nearly Valentines Day.

Bundinki
11-02-2010, 04:38 PM
awww wot a gorgeous bun :love::love:

are you keeping?

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 04:41 PM
She will have to go in the original cage we had for Stew (before they got their condo :))
Love all those names!!!!! i keep saying she but really not sure if she is a she :lol:

Dunno what i will be doing yet :? hubby is away, although he is missing me so i might be able to talk him round, but ideally would have to bond with the others as they are all housebuns and i don't have a huge house!! :D

clarebear
11-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Could be fun :lol:

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I knoooooooow!!!! dunno about bonding four :shock::shock:

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Any ideas what breed?

Jack's-Jane
11-02-2010, 06:13 PM
:) Thanks for your help Jane

No problem !!

I am not sure she is a specific breed. Looks like a cute little mixed breed to me :love:

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 06:16 PM
I love the term mixed breed :) my dog sulks in anyone says the word 'mongrel' (seriously she does!) but she is fine with 'mixed breed' :lol::lol:
She is very cute :love: if a bit smelly and has been sat on my knee for ages :)

NickieM
11-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Give your hubby a big cuddle when he comes back and thank him for getting your a bunny for Valentine's Day. :lol:

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Give your hubby a big cuddle when he comes back and thank him for getting your a bunny for Valentine's Day. :lol:

Good idea :lol::lol:

PearlyGirl
11-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Again not a good pic but.......
does this little ball of fluff look comfy to you? legs stretched out, on the sofa.....http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/claireb1/securedownload-2.jpg

thumps_
11-02-2010, 10:48 PM
She looks completely at home to me, landed on her 4 paws.
She's just scrumptious.

kaths101
11-02-2010, 10:53 PM
awww she looks really settled! Just leave her there im sure your hubby wont notice :lol:

rabbitapril
11-02-2010, 10:55 PM
anyone??? :?

wish i could help but i live to far away. i know it will upset and worry you as it is me. poor bunny whatr terrible uncaring people that have dumped it because i doubt it was an accident!

MissMinnie
12-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Gorgeous little bunny. You are a hero for saving him/her. Well done. Thank goodness they are safe.

Coineanach
12-02-2010, 07:26 AM
What a cutie! Looks like s/he has made themself right at home! :lol:

Good idea,but no idea about the bush and the ground is just wasteland :( on my estate that is used to walk dogs and a shortcut down to the cricket field.
I thought about lucky but didn't want to jinx her/him. Just hope she/he is gonna be ok :? pics make bun look big but just a bit bigger than palm of my hand really

What about Eliot? There's a poem called The Waste Land by T.S. Eliot, which is based on the elements (earth, air, fire, water), and you found him/her open to the elements.

PearlyGirl
12-02-2010, 08:12 AM
What a cutie! Looks like s/he has made themself right at home! :lol:

What about Eliot? There's a poem called The Waste Land by T.S. Eliot, which is based on the elements (earth, air, fire, water), and you found him/her open to the elements.

I like that, that's very clever!:) My niece is called Elliot though thats the only problem.....and as hubby's family and him dont get on they might not take too kindly to us naming a bun that :lol::lol:;) it would be funny though!!
I shall put it on the shortlist, along with Honey. At the minute it is known as little bun.
I have been up half the night, as little bun is not too well :( messy bum galore. It is munching away on hay happily enough, but keeps getting so messy i'm having to wash it off :shock:. It is also eating the poop i have just noticed quite a bit, not cecals but ordinary poop/runny poop too. Anyone know why that is??

biscuitblossom
12-02-2010, 08:36 AM
I like that, that's very clever!:) My niece is called Elliot though thats the only problem.....and as hubby's family and him dont get on they might not take too kindly to us naming a bun that :lol::lol:;) it would be funny though!!
I shall put it on the shortlist, along with Honey. At the minute it is known as little bun.
I have been up half the night, as little bun is not too well :( messy bum galore. It is munching away on hay happily enough, but keeps getting so messy i'm having to wash it off :shock:. It is also eating the poop i have just noticed quite a bit, not cecals but ordinary poop/runny poop too. Anyone know why that is??

If the bunny is very young ,like you thought initially,it might be a good idea to put some probiotic in his drinking water to help his tummy.

PearlyGirl
12-02-2010, 07:16 PM
can you recommend anything ?:)
I have come home and poops are solid anyway for now :D

rabbitapril
12-02-2010, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=claireb1;3591677]After my other thread this morning about seeing the bunny in the garden centre and wanting to save it....
Someone has just knocked on my door to tell me there is a tiny rabbit loose on the field near my house. They knew i had rabbits (i must be known as the crazy rabbit lady now!) They said it is fawn/sand coloured and tiny. Was seen hiding under a bush but they couldn't catch it. There are an awful lot of dogs walked on that field every day. What do i do? do i go and try to find it? (silly question really) then what do i do with it??? HELP PL

How is the little bunny tou found yesterday?

PearlyGirl
12-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Seems a bit better today :) still very scared but looks a little better

antigone
13-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Well done for rescuing her! :D

PearlyGirl
13-02-2010, 05:25 AM
Well done for rescuing her! :D
:) thank you! couldn't not really,i'm a big softy :)
He/she is getting quite a personality.....loves to lay on my stomach while my laptop is on my knee and rests it's head on the laptop (like it's reading the screen :lol:) and tonight has had most of the night curled up in a towel next to my head on the bed :love:

PearlyGirl
13-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I am sooooooo happy!!!!! :):)
Hubby has said Little bun can stay! :love::love:
It is adorable, still loves to snuggle with me and slept with me most of the night. Still not 100% on a name (especially as we don't know if it's a boy or a girl) but my little boy picked Binks aka Little bun. What do you think?

PearlyGirl
13-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Binks has just tried to use the dog as her mummy :shock::shock:
Went right up to her straight to the nipples and tried to have a drink...Dog just looked at her, poor thing she must be missing Mummy :(

thumps_
13-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Awww poor wee mite. I'm amazed she survived the big outdoors.

poppymoon
13-02-2010, 07:53 PM
s/he sounds so sweet and young:( really glad bun has a loving forever home already:D

PearlyGirl
13-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Awww poor wee mite. I'm amazed she survived the big outdoors.

I know, i am too :( so tiny and LOVES being cuddled :love: