• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nervous already over castration.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Booked little Jack-bunny in for his castration next Monday. :( I KNOW it has to be done... He'll be happier, I hope, as at the moment he has such a one track mind that he comes out and spends all his time skittering about trying to get at my arms. There are not happy bunny flops to relax out of his crate anymore, he doesn't pay any attention to toys. Needs neutering soon so his hormones can settle as my aim is to try for a boyxboy bonding with Edgar so Jack can move into his double hutch with him this year...

But I only booked him in last night and already I'm feeling anxious. I'll be a WRECK by Monday morning! :oops:

AND he is actually scared of male voices/men. The vet who examined him for a health check was a man and called him 'very nervous'... He's not. He just dislikes men. He freaks if he hears a cat or dog, too. He'll hate it at the vets where he can hear and smell them. I'm such a fretful bunny mummy...!

I'm exactly the same, bobby is getting done not this fri but next!:shock: Bless her... Not looking forward to that day!

They will both be fine though, sending vibes to you both!:love:

My bunny was 'done' last Friday and honestly it was fine. He quivered like a wreck in the vets because of a barky dog (even my daughter and i quivered too). He came out later in the afternoon and was a little tired but the next day he was back to normal and happy.

I know how nerve wracking it is - i cried handing him over and was in bits all day but he got through it ok and I'm sure your bunnies will be fine too. :)

He'll be fine. I sent Archie off last week and I was terrified and full of guilt.

When I picked him up from the vets he thumped at me and spent a few hours feeling sorry for himself, but then he was jumping around and doing binkies. Which got me a tad worried because of his stitches. But one week on and he's fine. Try not to worry too much :)

Thank you~!

He's just my baby. :oops: I've only ever owned one of my bunnies when she was spayed - the rest I had adopted AFTER their neuter. And she was a bonded bunny, and an outdoor bunny... Jack is indoor, single and is like a little puppy. He's my own bunny shadow, so I feel much closer to him in some ways. I keep telling myself if I could deal with Bella's spay (I still shudder at the memories of that day - time moved so slowly!!) then I can cope with Jack being castrated...

Poor vet-man thinks I'm loopy. :roll: Let's see how much I can improve on that when he talks me through the procedure on Monday morning...

I'm worried about after care, too! He is NOT a rabbit for sitting still. He jumps/climbs everywhere.. Also he cannot be around me without trying to hump my arms, which I know he shouldn't do after his operation. But if I leave him with someone else to watch him, even when I've just gone to have a bath, he goes crazy trying to search for me and I often find him scrabbling outside the bathroom door. :?

Good luck but i'm sure they will be absolutely fine:)

No one could have been more nervous and anxious than me when Amber had her spay. I had to take the day off work and the vet made sure she was first on the list:oops::lol:

If you trust your vet and they are bunny savvy and your bun has no apparent health problems they'll sail through;)

Back