• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is there a chew proof bed?

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
as the title says - can anyone recommend a soft bed that is chew proof? i've seen some online (dog beds) but they're huge - and very expensive:?

I will be watching this ;) Ronnie and Lola seem to be eating everything :( Theyve ruined their dog bed i bought them :roll:

its not looking good then is it? esme will have to make do with her pile of rugs:roll: i can't give her dog bed back as she's shredded the cover and pulled some foam stuffing out - daren't risk her swallowing any of it:(

My vet beds are still intact... almost.:roll::)

the fleecy/woolly stuff? i thought about that but she had a fluffy blanket and chewed it:? is it quite hard wearing? where did you get it from?

(apologies for the excessive questions:lol:)

I cant give my two any soft beds, Brian pees on them :roll::roll:

They prefer sitting in litter trays to anything else I buy them anyway.

We tried vet bed for the buns to use in their carrier - needless to say one of them found the edge and was then able to make a good job of destroying it!:roll:
I shouldn't have been surprised as one of our little "darlings" managed to chew chunks out of a litter tray:shock::roll:
Good luck with finding a chew-proof bed - I'm beginning to think anything not made of metal will never be chew-proof at our house!

We tried vet bed for the buns to use in their carrier - needless to say one of them found the edge and was then able to make a good job of destroying it!:roll:
I shouldn't have been surprised as one of our little "darlings" managed to chew chunks out of a litter tray:shock::roll:
Good luck with finding a chew-proof bed - I'm beginning to think anything not made of metal will never be chew-proof at our house!

snap! eric only chews wires but esme chews anything and everything! (must remind self to replace laces in sons new trainers:oops:)

Good luck! :wave:
WARNING: Never wash a vet bed in the washing machine, or it will break (the washing machine not the vet bed).:shock:

hand washing?:shock: fortunately esme is very good with her litter tray so it should stay pretty clean as a bed (hope i haven't just jinxed myself:lol:) apart from the hay she likes to nibble in luxury:roll:

out of curiosity tho, how do you get rid of the pet hair and fluff from inside the bag after you've washed your bunny bits?

eta oops - just re-read the link, sorry:oops:

its not looking good then is it? esme will have to make do with her pile of rugs:roll: i can't give her dog bed back as she's shredded the cover and pulled some foam stuffing out - daren't risk her swallowing any of it:(

I don't think they exist. I've had a good look for Vin and the best I came up with was a hard plastic dog bed with lots of cheapo towels in. :lol: Rabbits are just very destructive, OH says his puppy was nowhere near as bad. I think because their teeth are so small they can get into seams where dogs can't. If you wanted to buy another foam dog bed, TK MAXX normally have some going cheap in their home section, in the one up here anyway.

You too eh?:lol:

Thanks for the link! :D
Ooh, thanks! :D I have a very fluffeh bunneh, and I don't think the landlord would be too pleased if I break his machine. :lol: I've been shaking them out over the balcony ;)

Back