• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got offered another rabbit.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
My friend lost her nethie female overnight last night and her husband has said he doesn't want another rabbit.( the friend who wouldn't support a rescue who put battery hens up for sponsorship- another thread, for those who remember it.)
She asked if I wanted to pair her male up with anybody. I do have Sorrell and Molly, who I hope to pair up when I pluck up the courage, so a male could join them. I did, however say no, I don't have the facilities to take on anymore mammals ( unless a life or death situation), until we get around to upgrading all housing this year and that depends on money available.
I felt bad but quite sensible for a change, she is now going to try and persuade her husband into getting a rescue girl, but he wants to reduce the number of animals they have, but that is up to them to decide.

She would not support a rescue, yet she was happy to dump her bunny on you.:evil:
You did the right thing.:thumb:

She would not support a rescue, yet she was happy to dump her bunny on you.:evil:
You did the right thing.:thumb:

I did feel a bit like that, but then thought it was bad to feel like that. I have in the past taken in her mother's 26 year old shetland, 2 elderly goats and 2 rabbits she rescued.
Regardless of that, he doesn't fit our criteria, and we don't have space or money, at the moment.

Please don't feel guilty.:( You're doing more than most of the members of this forum. :) I'm sure most of us would like to adopt more animals, but sadly we neither have the space, time or money for it, so, just like you, we have to say no.:(

Back