• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Upgrading to a larger hutch

clare22

Young Bun
Hi everyone,just joined the forum.I`m relatively new to owning rabbits.I rescued 2 from a centre about 6 months ago. They are gorgeous. I feel so sad when I see rabbits in tiny hutches,ignored allday coz no-one is bothered about them anymore,most are on their own,it must be so lonely for them. I read somewhere that rabbits are the most mis-treated of all animals. It`s nice to read about people who really love their bunnies! Anyway I`m looking to upgrade to a larger hutch and run and just wondered if anyone could recommend where I get one from,have you just bought one and are very pleased with it!! :wave:

Happy Hutch do good quality hutches and runs in various designs, though you would get better quality and value with a shed/wendy house.

You can get them from places like B&Q, garden centres etc etc.

Good luck :wave:

:wave: I have a wendy house with run attached. I find it much easier to clean out (especially in the winter). You can also sit in there and spend quality time with them and do their health checks easier.

Thanks for replying ,yes I have considered a shed but my other half thinks a shed would attract burglars round the back of the house, as we live next to a walkway and it would be very visible to people walking by.

Thanks for replying ,yes I have considered a shed but my other half thinks a shed would attract burglars round the back of the house, as we live next to a walkway and it would be very visible to people walking by.

What about a bike store? They are no taller than a double hutch or even a 5ft tall dog kennel. We have a 5 ft fence and you can't see it over the fence.

I think the rydale hutches are supposed to be very good, but quite expensive, you would want the 6ft one :)

http://www.rehutches.com/imagepages/singlehutch05.htm

They're brilliant!!!! :thumb::thumb:!!!

I have a 7ft one, which was only slightly more than the 6ft one. He's really helpful too! They're expensive, but really solid, and wonderfully made. You have to be able to get them into the garden though, as they don't come apart!!

Just wanted to say hello! :wave:

We're not far from you - well we're in Derbyshire near Chesterfield.

I'm planning on some sort of ] (( Kennel Run )) for my bun(s) when they move outside when the weather warms up. :)

There's a seller in Chesterfield and also one near Clowne that makes them (they also sell on ebay) but they are more expensive than shed / wendy house options. Just another option for you to think about!

hello :wave::wave:

Welcome to RU, you will find lots of help and support here, its a great site. Im sure you will get fixed up with your new hutch.

What size run are you thinkng of?

:wave: Hi Hanlou,we have a ride up Derbyshire quite regular to walk the dogs,it`s a great place to live! Thanks for the link, it would be better value to buy a shed or a kennel,a decent sized hutch& run can cost over £200.Jack`s beautiful by the way. Hi Bungle Bunny,yes this site is great,I did`nt expect so many replies.The size run I`m looking for is atleast 5ft by 3ft,the bigger the better really! :wave:

Perhaps a decent sized playhouse? Its lower than a shed so perhaps wouldn't attract attention. You can sometimes get a secondhand one on ebay, freecycle or local paper. If your other half is handy you can make it in to a very nice home with a cat flap leading to a roomy run. You do need to concider though that a shed or playhouse gets pretty hot in the summer months.

We have >>this hutch<< from ebay which is pretty big and seems good quality. Though I'm trying to persuade my OH to let me get a wendy house or something as I've got used to sitting with the buns since they've been inside for the winter and I can't really sit in their hutch :(

There is a forum member run-rabbit-runs who makes runs. I've got three 7ft x 5ft runs from him which collapse as I rent and want to be able to transport them easily if I ever manage to get on the housing ladder! My buns love them.

I love my Ryedale hutch. i've got a two tier 6ft one. For my two small-medium sized buns the height is plenty, they can stand up on their back legs and their ears don't touch the ceiling:)

Just an update...I`ve persuaded my other half that we should get a dog kennel and run. I can get a 8x4ft, off ebay for £290,that includes delivery and erection. I can`t wait to get it and set up lots of toys inside it...:wave:

Back