• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Beautiful Dorothy (Gecko)

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
She isnt usually awake during the day but I had just cleaned her out so took the opportunity to get some pics whilst it was still light!

Photo0227.jpg

Photo0228.jpg

Photo0230.jpg

Photo0235.jpg

Photo0236.jpg

Photo0243.jpg

Photo0246.jpg

Thought I had better put gecko in the title though, I know quite a few people who are scared of them!! :shock::shock:

Aww I love leopards. I used to have 2 African Fat Tailed gecks, but one died due to impaction very suddenly and I sold the other one. Just couldnt bear to look at Nigel without Lola :cry:

But now I have a crestie and a gargoyle - both are terrors! :roll:
Dorothy is gorgeous. I love the way they look so dopey and happy!

i do admire geckos. especialy thair eyes:love: i just couldn't deal with escaped sudden crickets appearing on my pillow when i wake.:oops:

Thank you :)

And yes, crickets to freak me out quite a bit, although havent had an escapee for quite a while, since Dorothy is pretty greedy and they dont get much of a chance!
I used to be scared of crickets, but it was either take Dorothy in or she was going to be left to starve :(:(
So I got used to them!

She's absolutely stunning! leopard geckos have the funniest wee faces and lovely markings.

I know somebody who'd like to say hello to her...:lol:

scorch007.JPG

His name is Scorch and I got him a couple of months ago. Still got a wee bit of growing to do but not much. I bought him thinking he had markings like your gecko but he's not got as many spots.:lol:

His name is Scorch and I got him a couple of months ago. Still got a wee bit of growing to do but not much. I bought him thinking he had markings like your gecko but he's not got as many spots.:lol:

Hehe, he looks like a right little character, is he friendly?
What does he like to eat?

Hehe, he looks like a right little character, is he friendly?
What does he like to eat?

He's a very friendly wee lad, he'll pop out of his hide during the day when he realises there's someone in the room.

I think his favourite foods are locusts and wax worms though he only gets the odd wax worm as I read that lizards can become addicted to them and they're quite fatty. What's your girls favourites? :D

Thought I had better put gecko in the title though, I know quite a few people who are scared of them!! :shock::shock:

geckos are so sweet! and this one is beautiful. if theres anything i'd be afraid of, i'd prob be like snakes or spiders. rats are also kinda freaky sometimes, but they're Super friendly!

Back