• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urination color question

fussybird

New Kit
I hope I'm using this forum correctly. Please forgive me if I'm not, I'm new and trying to find my way around here.

I adopted 2 young bunnies recently. One is almost 8 weeks old and has seen the vet. She is doing well.

The other one is 5-6 weeks old (unknown true age). I have no history on this one. It seems fine...eats, plays, sleeps, poops...all looks good. The thing I am concerned with is his (or hers) pee is white. Is this normal? Because I'm not seeing any other symptoms I'm hesitant to bring it to the vet. It has only been in my home for 2 days and is very shy. I don't want to add trauma unneccesarily, so taking it to the vet needs to be a 'must'.

Both bunnies are indoor pets and have an entire bedroom designed just for them. They are kept warm and have ample room to run and play.

Any thoughts on this 'pee color'?

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

~Rita~

Aside from the milky wee why is a 5-6 week old kit not still with his/her Mum ?

Milky wee occurs when the Bun excretes excess dietry calcium.
In my experience it is not a common issue in such a young Rabbit :?

Aside from the milky wee why is a 5-6 week old kit not still with his/her Mum ?

Milky wee occurs when the Bun excretes excess dietry calcium.
In my experience it is not a common issue in such a young Rabbit :?

Because it was given to me when it was found by a friend. I wasn't planning on two bunnies (Daisy is almost 8 weeks old) but since she is young enough to bond easily to another bunny I thought it would be fine to take this one in as well. I agree, I'd prefer to have this one with it's mum too, but it was alone when it was found off in a store parking lot. :(

I'm more than happy to adopt it and give it a forever home.

Thank you for your thoughts on what the milk white pee is. Hmmm...still not sure if a trip to the vet warrants the stress it will cause on this wee bunny. He's starting to become friendly and less afraid. I hate to upset him unless he truly needs it. He's been through too much already.

Last edited:
Hi maybe a call to the vets would be advisable, just explain the situation and see what they advise?

Back