• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeps climbing on my back

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
You will often find me on all fours "talking" to Bobby, she keeps on putting front feet on my shoulders and cllimbing on my back, doesn't bother me mind she just sits up there and wont get off... is she showing dominance maybe? 2 weeks till she is fixed

yeah I reckon they do it on purpose! :lol:

I try and do a weird wiggle thing (whilst on all fours) to get her off but that doesnt work either :lol:

Yeah she just sits there and that means I can't stand up... I am sure she thinks its hilarious:lol:

:lol::lol: Gizmo launches himself up on the sofa and crawls sort of thing along the back till he is on my shoulders and won't move till he is ready, he was nibbling my hair the other day :shock: :lol:

yep the weird wiggly dance will not make her majesty move if she is not ready:roll:..... The conversation goes: Me: Hi bobeeeeee!!! Bobby: Oh yes hello mum, have you got food?? No? well I will just have to climb on your back for the inconvienience'.... Me: Bobs get down mate! Bobby: Erm no, you shall stay like that untill you have thought about what you have done:shock:

Fiver does this...i think he just enjoys the ride. i will crawl around and mess about with him on my back...people must think im crazy lmao. He hops off when he gets bored lmao.

Ginger and Pickles both do this. When they were little, and lived in the shed, they used to love to play 'The Slide Game'. They'd jump up onto the green storage chest in the shed, while I'd kneel down beside it with my shoulder pressed against it, and my head on one side. They loved to hop on my shoulders and slide down my back, then jump the levels up to the green chest, (Carrier, cardboard box etc) and do it again! I could keep them occupied for ages with this when they were babies - although my legs got pins and needles.

Now Ginger likes to be a parrot on my shoulder, bless 'im! :love:

If I'm sat down, Jack will take a running leap and then sit on my shoulder. Like a parrot. :roll: Sometimes when he is up there he stands and puts his front paws on my head. I think he does this with a mix of wanting to see more, and just plain giddy behaviour. First time he did it I 'returned' after going off to have a bath, and he was so excited to see me he ran up to me and just sort of kept going until he was on my shoulder..!

Hazel likes to sit on me (but usually on my legs when I'm sat on the floor) and she's very bossy, and not exactly affectionate, so I sometimes think with her it's a dominance thing.

I think Phoebe is part parrot. I got her at 10 weeks, and even the first day when I lifted her out the carry box after a car journey to go in her new cage, she hopped up on my shoulder! She also likes to climb along the back of the sofa and rest on my head/shoulder.. Nermal, who is now about 2.5kgs, is not allowed to sit on my shoulder or rest on my back cos he's too heavy.... You'd think that prey animals wouldn't like the instability, but there seems to be a common theme here!

Boris has done this a couple of times! Bella tends to sit on my lap for ages when I'm in a hurry or need to pee :lol: I know it's on purpose :lol:

Brian does this ALL the time, usually when I bend down to clear out the litter boxes, he thinks its hilarious.

He too, appears to be part parrot.

Back