• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I failed../pics

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
At bonding Jack and Gizmo :cry: it was going well, but today Jack just wouldnt stop chasing Giz and when he got hold of him he was ripping large amounts of fur off him. I just couldnt bare to watch anymore :cry: Gizmo wants/needs a friend but I can't go through that again. as soon as I let gizmo out after seperating him he did loads of binkies.. I don't know what to do, theres no places round here that do bonding.

I feel like a failer :cry::cry:

I'm rubbish with bunnies and I just want Jazzy back :cry:

Last edited:
:( im sorry you feel so down, have you tried to put each other in each others cages without cleaning out, so they can smell each other.. then try again fresh in a couple of days

I can't afford any more rabbits and it wouldn't be sensible for me to get anymore. Plus no rescues round here offer a dating service :(

shame your so far id bond your 2 for you, keep them for a week, I dont think all is lost with those 2, bonding is very stressfull, i only bonded one pair of my own other people no probs :lol:

Well i've gone against all bonding rules and followed my dads advice :shock::lol: I've put them both outside, and Gizmo is doing binkies every where and did a happy flop right in front of Jack who now looks very confused. This means Gizmo can get away from Jack if he gets too much...I know this is against everything in the book so please dont shout at me, but I have not seen Giz this happy in ages.

Well i've gone against all bonding rules and followed my dads advice :shock::lol: I've put them both outside, and Gizmo is doing binkies every where and did a happy flop right in front of Jack who now looks very confused. This means Gizmo can get away from Jack if he gets too much...I know this is against everything in the book so please dont shout at me, but I have not seen Giz this happy in ages.

I think you need a different tactic and this sounds like a good one. Maybe they needed a break from the intensity.

Glad they are both sounding so happy :)

When it comes to bonding there is no book!! :lol::lol:

Well done! Hope this is good for them! :D

When I bonded Hugo and Rose I sat on the sofa (Hugo's sofa none the less) with her on my lap. He just hopped up and licked her.....and that was that! :lol::lol: Just go by the buns...not the book!

Jack seems to follow Gizmo everywhere but so far no humping..he just stops a few feet from Gizmo and then just watches him :lol:

im not gonna have go :lol: i know how nerve wracking it can be, some people are really lucky in there bonding others it fails from the start,

I just feel you shouldnt give up your 2 just yet :) mounting furpulling is normal and can go on for a bit, ive read no real agression thats why im saying dont give up :D

Some rabbits bond quickly -some bond gradually over a period of weeks.

Have a look on here for bonding threads to see how different people have bonded their bunnies?.

Even if your bunnies do not bond you may find they are happy living as neighbours-just "chatting" through the fence- rather than sharing a hutch together?
Perhaps Gizmo is just happy to have a friend around?

I hope it works out for you and the bunnies:)-sue:wave:

PS -I would watch them closely in the garden in case one suddenly makes a beeline for the other one to catch them off guard. (a little Fur pulling is normal but not big chunks-or if bits of skin on). I would have a close look at both rabbits to check carefully for injuries before resuming bonding.

As far as I know..playful fur pulling is usually chasing and pulling little bits of fur from the bum area. If they seem to "lock" together, growl or start to roll you need to separate them and stop.

Last edited:
I'd love them to share a hutch, because He was so close to Jazz almost always with him I'll just see how it goes. :) I know I'm doing things differently but you never know :lol:

I see you're bonding 2 male bunnies and I think I've read on here that that's a harder bonding than male plus female?

Though never bonded 2 male bunnies myself. Maybe someone on here who has, could help you?-sue:wave:

Jazz and Gizmo were fine and they were male. That was an easy bond though. I'm just going to leave them to it to be honest. :shock::lol: Heres some pics
18357_461842195374_591175374_10923558_139938_n.jpg

18357_461842200374_591175374_10923559_5569852_n.jpg

18357_461842225374_591175374_10923562_1863712_n.jpg

Back