• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

spurs on teeth!!

amme

Warren Scout
what is the best way to get these down????? she has hay daily, wooden boredon bar that you attach onto the wire mesh, and hazel twigs.

what else can i do as the vet said she has spurs on her teeth????

If you bunny has spurs they will need vet attention - not much you can do to get rid. However, if they aren't developed and the vet is warning about them being likely then just loads of hay/grass to make the bun use it's molars is the way to help. Boredom bars might help the front teeth but not likely to help the back ones so much. If the bunny already has spurs or stepped teeth then just normal hay eating isn't going to help much either as they can't slide the molars across each other normally which is the action the wears them down.

Spurs normally means a dental op.

However, if they aren't developed and the vet is warning about them being likely then just loads of hay/grass to make the bun use it's molars is the way to help.

i don't think they are developed, i took her to the vets on saturday and he examined her teeth and said that she has the start of spurs and a good diet should help wear them down.

She has timothy hay and was all the others that i said above, i was just wondereing if there is anything else i cna give her apart form hay to help her chew on her back teeth

Back