• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rosie is just skin and bone -(update - doing better)

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: i took her into the bathroom to clean her scent glands :oops: she is literally skin and bone :cry:, but she is still a very happy girl, i need to get some fattening foods into her what is best as she doesn't seem to like porridge as much of mowgli did

Last edited:
I always try extra pellets and organic baby food such as Ella's kitchen before I try porridge :)

the baby food sounds good, she is a fussy bun :lol: i remember years back feeding mitzi some baby food as he had dental probs, i'll make sure i go out and get some for her tomorrow, any particular flavours your buns like?

she will only eat her usual amount of pellets, ive tried adding more but she seems to know and leaves them, she is on mature now and i feed both buns separate, so that lox won't eat her food

I mixed mashed banana with porridge to temp Beau to eat and it seemed to work, also do it for the rats if they aren't really interested but they have all totally loved banana to begin with so x

Since his problems I've given Grimlock as much bread as he wants. Which is a lot... He preferrs that to toast. :) and you should know by now how much i rave on about porridge cooked with apple and banana. Good luck!

she is old and poorly, they think she has a brain tumour, it affects her co-ordination of front legs her brain doesn't tell her front legs to go back straight when you bend them, though her back legs go back to normal, she stumbles and falls alot, she was being treated for E-cuniculi, she has weekly steroid injections too, to try and help her walk better

ive just given her veg supper and put a hobnob biscuit in broken up, she went straight for the biscuit, and looked at me like she was pleased she was allowed a biscuit :lol:

she managed to get her weight back upto 0.8kg but last week it was down abit to 0.77kg, im going to ask vet to weigh her again, on thursday, she goes to the vets weekly now

rosie ate up her hobnobs biscuit along with her veggies, im going to try weighing her later today, if i can find what dad had done with the little scales

last night, i didn't have much hope for her anymore :cry: dad came in the room and i sat and told him i didn't think it would be much longer until id have to make a decision, he said id do the right thing, and he knows how old she is, and i said why did she get poorly after mowgli, but he reminded me that she had lost conditions really and been poorly before then

anyway last night i decided to give her abit of metacam, and this morning she was back to her usual happy self again :D, took her to the vets this morning, explained about yesterday, the vet said as long as she is happy and not having more bad days after each other, then she is happy with that, i just worry soo much about my baby girl :oops:

anyway she seems even better after her injection, the vet weighed her and said she was abit up on last week, which i thought she wouldn't be, must be the hobnob biscuits :lol:, today she was 0.78kg last week she was 0.76kg

rosie is back home now licking locksley and is a happy old girl :D, we do worry about our oldies don't we :oops: because we love them soo much :love:

i told the vet, rosie was prize picture in rabbiting on :D she said that was great, she isn't surprised as she said rosie is just perfect, in that every bit of her is soo symetrical, and she cannot fault her, she also checked her teeth and said they were perfect too

Glad she is happy and has put on weight. Sending vibes her way and nose rubs too! I love Rosie, there's something about her little face that makes me melt! :love::oops: With Locksley they make such a cute couple!

Back