• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Juno being spayed tomorrow - worried!

Wiserabbit

Young Bun
Hello all,

Our two ladies (mum and daughter) have now arrived and have settled. We have even had binkies round the living room. They have also pooped on my hand sewn quilt but hey ho - my stupid fault for not moving it.:lol:

Both my husband and I are on holiday this week so we thought while we are off we should have Juno spayed while we are home to watch and look after her. I know it's the right thing to do but I am still have wobblies about it!

What can I do to make the whole process as easy as possible for her and not make her hate us by tomorrow teatime?

Hi,I had three of my girls done last week and they were fine so try not to worry:roll: Have a nice soft bed for when they get home,no woodshavings or hay to lie on as they may irritate the wound,they will prob be really drowsy but they need to eat asap so try to have their favourite foods in ready "the only thing mine would eat at first was grass" .Good luck and I am sure bunny will be fine x

When we got Bisc home she drank like a fish, so lots of nice clean water too (I am sure you would anyway, but worth pointing out!).

Not sure if they are indoor or outdoor buns, but either way it's very important to make sure you keep her warm.

Good luck, sure it will be fine (scary as it seems!).

I had my girlie done 3 weeks ago and she didn't want to eat much when she got home, though she did manage quite a bit of veg, so have plenty of their favourite veg to hand. My girl's favourite was rocket, which the vet said is really good to feed her, but any herbs would go down a treat too, so long as they're used to them! :) I also had to give her water to her by hand, as she didn't want to move to get it.

One other thing I did to make her more comfortable was gave her a shallower litter tray - stopped her straining herself or catching her wound when she jumped in, so bear this in mind too :)

Well Juno is having to wait a couple of weeks for her spay. The vet said that there was still milk in her teats and she wanted to wait until they had fully gone down. She also said Juno was a wee bit light from lactating and she'd like her to be a touch heavier.

In some ways I'm actually quite pleased as it means Juno has now had a visit to the vets where nothing has happened bar being weighed and prodded. THis could be a positive experience in that light!

We are going back in a fortnight.

It's very reassuring that your vet took these things into consideration, hopefully you have a vet who knows what they are talking about! :)

Back