• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

May need a bigger hutch or dog kennel.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Have enquired about a bun at a rescue.But I think the current accomodation is a tad small...although ample for one bun.
What sort of size am I looking at here for 2 buns,(medium sized)??
Ta.xx

all rescues have different standards, which makes it confusing.

RSPCA standard is 6x2x2 hutch and 6x4x2 run permanently attached

some rescues are more flexible, or go on total indoor/outdoor space rather than exact measurements.

for example, RSPCA rehomed to me with a 4x4 wendyhouse with shelves and a 6x4x2 run

Best to check with the rescue itself so you don't waste your money.

all rescues have different standards, which makes it confusing.

RSPCA standard is 6x2x2 hutch and 6x4x2 run permanently attached

some rescues are more flexible, or go on total indoor/outdoor space rather than exact measurements.

for example, RSPCA rehomed to me with a 4x4 wendyhouse with shelves and a 6x4x2 run

Best to check with the rescue itself so you don't waste your money.

They will also have full run of the garden and house....(The ferts are sectioned off and padlocked.)

As Vikki has said all rescues are different but many are going for the minimum of the recommendations by the RSPCA/RWA and Animal Welfare Act of 6x2x2.

We don't rehome to anything less unless their outside space is really large, secure 24/7 and weather proofed so the buns can be in or out whenever they like.

We expect an attached run and dont rehome to free range as the only form of exercise.

Best enquire with the rescue where you are hoping to adopt.

Have found out from them the requirements and have to be in place for homecheck....**scrabble,scrabble**

yeah, i'd get absolutely everything ready, so you can demonstrate how you'd care for them

Inc litter trays, covers over runs/hutches etc, where you plan to store hay, food etc.

Even with a run, if you plan to let them free-range you need to demonstrate that the garden is already rabbitproof, not a plan for the future...

OOOOOH......Its done!!!! I have an 8ft by 4ft run already and a hutch being delivered which is 6x2x2........the nethies will move into Mrs Bs acommodation and Mrs B will have the new one.Now,heres hoping Roland and Mrs B will bond...........................:p:p:p:p
Im so excited I could pee!!!!! (ahem)......

OOOOOH......Its done!!!! I have an 8ft by 4ft run already and a hutch being delivered which is 6x2x2........the nethies will move into Mrs Bs acommodation and Mrs B will have the new one.Now,heres hoping Roland and Mrs B will bond...........................:p:p:p:p
Im so excited I could pee!!!!! (ahem)......

:thumb: Woop!

I love the name Rowland!! :love::love:

Back