• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit eaten a plant pot!

hannah C

Alpha Buck
steve has two plastic plantpots that i stuff with hay and treats at night to keep him occupied in his hutch.
well this morning one of the plant pots has been nibbles all the way around the top. and theres no bits of it in the hutch so hes eaten it!:shock:

hes eating and drinking, litter trays have all been cleaned so i know for sure if he poos called the vet, nothing they can do, wait to see if he starts pooing if he doesnt by this afternoon bring him in, she told me to give him lots of hay and no veg or pellets to make him eat it and push it through.

hes belly isnt bloated either and the nibbles bits are small. just a bit worried as its plastic!

any more advise anyone?

He'll probably be ok! I think the vet's advice is spot on.
Mine have been known to eat their food bowls even, and have been fine, but it's best just to keep an eye on him!
Naughty bunsters!

I used to give them their veg in plant pots stuffed with hay, until Bobby, and then Salt, got their heads stuck in them!

Bunnies, eh?!:roll:

ive just been down the garden and hes terrrorising the local fat pigeons that like to see what hes got food wise! poops in litter tray! whooop, :oops:

i sware i dont know how i dont have a heart attack sometimes with the stuff he gets up to at night! roll on spring, ill have him a girly bun then, maybe she will calm him down! :lol:

What is it with rabbits and plastic?! Buns aren't normal... :roll:

Use a terracotta one next time - that's what I do. :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: your hoping :lol::lol: doesnt always work that tactic

i can hope!:lol:
i do think he is bored sometimes. if we are both at work he is on his own, ive made his area as big and interesting as possible, he has a 7 foot by 5foot space with his hutch in side, he can get on top of the hutch, he has a bench that hes always up and down, wood to chew, hay to dig, but he just gets frustrated i can see it in him bless. cat wait to get him a friend!

Back