• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

please urgent help needed

My boy Shauny i think has gone into stasis this would be the 4th time the last time we managed to get him right again, with tummy rubs and making him move, ad tempting him with food

how long should i try on my own for, im shaking my o/h is away tonight and hes the calm one when it comes to Shauny and his stasis,

i have meds from the last time (which wasnt too long ago, should i give him some?.... he seems hydrated enough (ive kinda pinched his scruff, but im in suchj a state im not sure im doing it right or if im coming to the right answer, can anybody help???

Oh dear sorry to hear your bun is poorly.

Hope someone can advise you soon - do you know what's causing it? When did he last eat? When did he last poop?

Did your vet give you a medication routine incase it happened again? have you done that?

have you called your vet for advice?

If you're really worried and panicking, or what you have tried before isnt working, i'd get him to the vet. even if it only reassures you that its no more serious than last time, its better for him and you if you're not freaking out.

Hope he's ok xx

Shauny has eaten:D:D. Been chasing him around the room and tummy rubs, he seems ok,(thankgod) although im not im still crying, my boy is such a worry to me, this is happening too often:cry:.

Im going back to 12 hr shifts soon and i feel its too long to leave him, his last stasis was in december 09, again that one we caught in time and he was ok.

Im rambling, im just so worried about him. Im going to take him back to jason (my vet), should i be asking about 'long term meds' or bloods to rule anyhting out?.

ve also got a big concern that we have no heating in our house, when i realised he was in stasis i brought the fan heater into our room, his ears felt as cold as ice, but with the fan heater and me making him move, and tummy rubs hes eaten,

God this makes no sense sorry, has anybody got any advice, im in a bit of a mess, and worried sick.

Hi! :wave:

It's easier said than done I know, but try not to panic - you won't be able to think staright otherwise. Perhaps take yourself out of the room, and get a drink of water. When you're ready, come back to this.

Are you prepared to pay the emergency vet? If so I think this really is the best option, as it's always better to get professional help if you can in these situations. Give them a call at least and ask their advice. In the meantime, how is your bun in himself? Is he refusing all food? When did he last pass anything? Do you have any Science Recovery Diet or Critical Care?

Try not to worry too much - most buns go through stasis at some point and with the right treatment, your bun should be fine. Good luck!

Shauny has eaten:D:D. Been chasing him around the room and tummy rubs, he seems ok,(thankgod) although im not im still crying, my boy is such a worry to me, this is happening too often:cry:.

Im going back to 12 hr shifts soon and i feel its too long to leave him, his last stasis was in december 09, again that one we caught in time and he was ok.

Im rambling, im just so worried about him. Im going to take him back to jason (my vet), should i be asking about 'long term meds' or bloods to rule anyhting out?.

ve also got a big concern that we have no heating in our house, when i realised he was in stasis i brought the fan heater into our room, his ears felt as cold as ice, but with the fan heater and me making him move, and tummy rubs hes eaten,

God this makes no sense sorry, has anybody got any advice, im in a bit of a mess, and worried sick.

Sorry, I posted my last message before I saw this! I'm so glad he's eating something! Keeping him warm is great - just make sure he's not in the direct line of the blow heater, as draughts aren't good for buns. Do you have a snugglesafe?

As for what might be causing it, how're your bun's teeth? Has he had them checked recently? If tooth probs are ruled out I'd say it can't hurt to have some bloods done, just to rule out anything underlying.

Sorry, I posted my last message before I saw this! I'm so glad he's eating something! Keeping him warm is great - just make sure he's not in the direct line of the blow heater, as draughts aren't good for buns. Do you have a snugglesafe?

As for what might be causing it, how're your bun's teeth? Has he had them checked recently? If tooth probs are ruled out I'd say it can't hurt to have some bloods done, just to rule out anything underlying.

He had his teeth checked not too long ago, but will defiantly get them rechecked, and get some bloods done on him. I havnt got a snuggle safe but will get one tomorrow. Goodness they are such a worry!.

Got up this morning and my lilly had gone into stasis:cry:. So again i started with the tummy rubs, and getting her moving, tempting her with food, she is ok now but my nerves are shot.

Definitely get the bunny's teeth checked. What are you feeding them on? Which pellets and how much? How much hay are they eating? Have they ever had teeth problems? What veg are you feeding and how much?

When you say that Lily was in stasis, what were her symptoms? Glad they have cleared now.

Hoping you may find a reason for the bunnies being poorly.

Definitely get the bunny's teeth checked. What are you feeding them on? Which pellets and how much? How much hay are they eating? Have they ever had teeth problems? What veg are you feeding and how much?

When you say that Lily was in stasis, what were her symptoms? Glad they have cleared now.

Hoping you may find a reason for the bunnies being poorly.

Thankyou for replying
My Shauny and SophieAnn are on ss. Lilly and Tilly are on the change to ss from excell. All buns have handful of pellets at about 6am, then at about 4pm i change litter trays (which have hay), then at about 6-7pm i give another handful of pellets, and at about 11ish they get veg (kale, broc, spring greens, carrots/tops, sprouts), but not at the same time, maybe 2 different veg a night (but not the carrots, that is once a week).

Lilly when i went to feed her was just hunched in the corner, her sister was going mad for the pellets, lilly didnt even bother (which is so not like her), i tried her with kale but nothing, her tummy felt swollen, she just looked poorly. She didnt want to move at all.

God another ramble, sorry:oops:.

Back