• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now Bramble is poorly too :-(...update 1 March

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
With Pootle being so poorly with head tilt, the last thing I needed was another poorly bun...but Bramble went off her food this weekend. I treated her at home until the vets opened this morning. She's having a dental today and I'm picking her up after work tonight.

Please keep your fingers crossed that the dental will sort her out. She's got large jaw abscesses and untreatable infection in her lower mandible, so I'm really scared that it could be the end for her :cry:

Last edited:
:cry::cry::cry: Bless poor Bramble - sending lots of vibes for your little girl Amy, hoping that she will be ok.

How is Pootle doing? Has she shown any improvement?

Well, it's good news and bad news...

I already knew her lower jaw was knackered, but it appears that at least one of the abscesses opens into her mouth, and the vet had to clean out quite a bit of pus from inside her mouth. So she probably only has days or weeks left to live :(

On a more positive note, she must be feeling a bit better because she's eaten a few soaked pellets already tonight :)

I already knew her lower jaw was knackered, but it appears that at least one of the abscesses opens into her mouth, and the vet had to clean out quite a bit of pus from inside her mouth. So she probably only has days or weeks left to live :(

On a more positive note, she must be feeling a bit better because she's eaten a few soaked pellets already tonight :)

I'm glad she has managed to eat a little bit :)

I'm sorry its not good news but at least she has had some quality time and hasn't been left to die in a pet shop like her sister :( I hope she still has some comfortable weeks instead of days :)

Awww.....poor bramble :(
xx

Oh poor little girl :cry:

Please give her mine and Paul's love.

Liz is right, at least she has known love for the last couple of months unlike her porr sister. xxx

I'm so sorry it wasn't positive news for Bramble Amy :cry::cry::cry:

Sending her extra special snuggles - hoping she can remain as comfortable as possible xxx

Quick update on Bramble...

Hope I'm not jinxing her by saying that the dental seems to have done the trick and she's eating normally (for her) and the area of active infection is no longer filling up with pus. She's maintaining her weight at just over 2kg, which is over than 300g more than when she arrived! :D

Scarily though...my vet gets any trainee vets/work experience students to feel her mandible because she has the most extensive jaw abscesses my vet has seen :shock: :cry:

I do sometimes wonder if I'm keeping her going out of HER interests or MINE?...I would just feel so bad putting an active and bright rabbit to sleep though :? :cry:

Back