• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do they forget us?

Pie

Warren Veteran
Just a thought I've has recently.
I went away for 3 weeks but spoke to OH on Skype, Pie also came to say hello whenever I was on there. It was like she knew my voice....
When I came back she was very timid with me at first (she is by no means a timid girl!), as though she was unsure. Then later that night I stroked her for a bit and suddenly she started binkying around and hopped all over me and hasnt left me alone since. Like she remembered it was me and was happy to see me again.

So it got me wondering, do they forget us when we go away and it takes them awhile to realise its us? Or do they always remember who we are, even very dimly?

i dont think they forget, but i think they punish us for abondoning them. we cant explain we will come back so they probably think we have gone forever so when we re-appear we are so in trouble :lol::lol:

I dont think they forget.

I went to Hawaii for three weeks, and when i came back Kermit licked my full hand with excitement :love::love:

i dont think they forget, but i think they punish us for abondoning them. we cant explain we will come back so they probably think we have gone forever so when we re-appear we are so in trouble :lol::lol:

yup agree, when i had a break from my OH for 2 years, biggles still ran over and fussed him with the look of "so where the blo0dy ell have youuuuu been " considering he was the man who brought him to me in a small carry box, and he only ever feeds them treats, never cleans, changes the water etc :roll: and yet my big's still lov's my OH ............................lil turn coat

While I'm at uni I quite often don't see the bunnies for a couple of weeks. They always seem a bit surprised at first when I turn up again... Then they get all excited cause I normally take them some nana to make it up...

They certainly don't forget us. Thumper remembers visitors who may not visit for months or years apart - those he likes & the few he doesn't like.

I don't think it's punishment either. I think it's to do with bunny bonding.
Bonded pairs can split if only separated for 24 hours, & have to be rebonded. I suspect that aloof behaviour after separation from humans is more to do with the breaking of an important bond.

See, I can't say that vindictiveness or punishment is in my bun's make up. He'll make it very clear that he doesn't like something, & if it's a dental, (the worst) he'll turn his back on me for a few mins. But if I go up to him & stroke round his ears he just melts.

They certainly don't forget us. Thumper remembers visitors who may not visit for months or years apart - those he likes & the few he doesn't like.

I don't think it's punishment either. I think it's to do with bunny bonding.
Bonded pairs can split if only separated for 24 hours, & have to be rebonded. I suspect that aloof behaviour after separation from humans is more to do with the breaking of an important bond.

See, I can't say that vindictiveness or punishment is in my bun's make up. He'll make it very clear that he doesn't like something, & if it's a dental, (the worst) he'll turn his back on me for a few mins. But if I go up to him & stroke round his ears he just melts.

i know they punish (well Alvin does) because when he went for a bonding that failed i got shown the bum when i went to pick him up, the little git bag i was so excited to see him again too :(

i know they punish (well Alvin does) because when he went for a bonding that failed i got shown the bum when i went to pick him up, the little git bag i was so excited to see him again too :(

OK Alvin's Alvin, & I guess a few more buns can be like that. Point conceeded.

Back