• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going well or.....? / Help needed

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
I've had Jack and Gizmo together since about 4.30 yesterday.. Jack seems to chase a lot and try to hump.. Gizmo doesnt seem bothered by it and just runs away. he's eating and drinking. I've also seem them groom eachother once. I kept them together all night with supervision and Jack is still chasing this morning, but I want to stick it out as there appears to be no real aggression at the moment. they are happy to eat close to eachother.

Shall I leave them to it?

Last edited:
I have never bonded, I got Starlights to do it for me, I am not brave enough:lol:

But from what I have read it sounds like it is going really well:D Is there any pics anywhere?

sounds fine hun, when i bonded cookie and treacle who were foster buns cookie chased for for 3 days lol!

Theres been a bit more grooming :) Heres some pics, sorry they arent very good.
17155_457535840374_591175374_10898342_1498943_a.jpg

17155_457535855374_591175374_10898343_5901425_a.jpg

17155_457535885374_591175374_10898345_1551659_a.jpg

Jack has got worse with the humping/chasing thing.. he's been good all day not really doing it much, but now he's almost the same as when I first put them together :?

Have you tried putting them in a carrier and taking them for a drive? It can be alarming to see the amount of fur they can pull [without going bald!!]

I have a pair who the dominant bunny still pulls out tufts of his partner's fur! She never retaliates, so nothing ever comes of it, and much of the time they're just fine.

Could it be that they're acting this way due to being more active at this time of day...? I know my lot all start getting much more bouncy and naughty from about 4pm onwards at the moment, so maybe they were calm throughout the day and now they feel more alert one is chasing the other more?

If you start feel very, very nervy or the bunny being chased looks over-anxious and stressed, then maybe then it would be time to separate... But it's probably a good sign they're not fighting! :)

I dont have a car and my boyfriend is busy until wednesday :( Argh the stress. I am actually suprised Giz doesnt have a bald patch yet!

stupid rabbits well jack. :censored:

normal, how is giz, how does she react to the mounting etc if you feel its getting way to much say more than a 60 sec use a broom to wedge between to calm him down a bit,

bonding doesnt take day it takes quite a few days really somtimes weeks, its starting a new relationship this all takes time, just dont panic :D

You can put them in a cardboard box on top of the washer inside of the car ride. Hold the box, though, in case it falls off.

He just runs off, cleans himself and eats hay etc inbetween being chased. I don't think he's being that affected by it at the moment. I guess I'll be in for another long night tonight.

When do you think it'll be safe for me to go and sleep in my own bed again? My room is too small for their cage.

Back