• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wish me luck with bertie at vets 2moro.

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
im sooo worried...im going to really push my vets buttons without wanting to..but i need to discuss other treatments for berties pasturella and mrsa in his nose.
i hope we can agree!!

hes got a few more days of baytril left but hes still sneezing quite badly:( and hes also had a bout of stasis again..hes not hungry so weve been feeding him...baytril has that effect ive noticed today. anyone else find that?

well i want to go forward for him..or cave in and trek via pety transport at £75 for return run to andover to see john chitty:( id rather not...im sure flushing his sinuses wouldnt end the infection...long term antbx is a safer otption rather than risk of ga with a resp bunny.

:wave: im sure it can and may happen..like i said in txt.....it hinges on ellens research next few days. but weve come up with the brainwave of using a cheap facial steamer to help his sinuses when they get cloggy.

she flushed his tear ducts today for free!! he was sooo good..hed worn himself out attacking the light in his mouth when she was checking his teeth
mind you. she put special local anaesthetic drops in his eyes and flushed his ducts..they were pretty clear and it whooshed right through his nose! no obvious pus there so thats one good thing.

ive asked her if the sinus flush is the best option plus xray to check where else the infection has migrated to...could she do it...but shes got no experience doing it she said. ive asked her to ask her collegues and if nothing then bertie will be going to emsworth.
animed dont have access to gentamicin that can be injected or more importantly..nebulised which would get right to where its needed most.

so hes got between 24 and 48hrs baytril left and nothing else hasbeen prescribed untril we know a bit more.

Millions of vibes Berties way.Blue is on abx for life,they keep the infection at bay but he still sneezes and coughs throughout the day

oh bless poor bun xx
thank you both.

nice to know bertie keep sneezing and snuffling is normal for this infection.
Is bertie alone in being a bun not gooped up eyes or dried snot on face and paws?

Back