• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you think of this hutch?

I think if you want to get a double tier 6ft hutch, then you should get a Dawson/Ryedale/Happy Hutch/Custom built one.
I have a 5ft version of this and it is ATTROCIOUS quality. The foster boys have nearly nibbled their way out. This is because it is soft wood.
I was recently in contact with someone off eBay that made custom made hutches. I wanted a good quality double 6ft (seperate hutches) for my guinea pigs in the winter. I think he was charging £120 excluding postage, but he delivered locally free and would deliver for a charge. The hutches were extremely sturdy and well built, I could give you his contact details if you want?

I think if you want to get a double tier 6ft hutch, then you should get a Dawson/Ryedale/Happy Hutch/Custom built one.
I have a 5ft version of this and it is ATTROCIOUS quality. The foster boys have nearly nibbled their way out. This is because it is soft wood.
I was recently in contact with someone off eBay that made custom made hutches. I wanted a good quality double 6ft (seperate hutches) for my guinea pigs in the winter. I think he was charging £120 excluding postage, but he delivered locally free and would deliver for a charge. The hutches were extremely sturdy and well built, I could give you his contact details if you want?

thanks - Yes if you could send me the number that would be great! :D

I agree with Hetty - they're made of very soft wood (how people are managing to make cheap, larger hutches) so they either rot (even with woodpreserver) or the rabbits eat straight through it.

I'd definately go for a small scale manufacturer or custom build. Run Rabbits Run also does hutches so you could PM Steve too.

I just built this hutch today! I must be in the minority, I like it. It seems strong enough to me. Probably wouldn't be if it were outside, but as it will be in a shed I think it will do fine, plus we lino the bottom so it doesn't get wet at all. Only problem is, its 6ft long, 4 ft high, but not 2ft depth, only 20 inches. I'd only recommend it for smaller breeds of bunnies. Here's mine...just built today (took about 90 minutes)

4337801597_de3c513b49.jpg

I just built this hutch today! I must be in the minority, I like it. It seems strong enough to me. Probably wouldn't be if it were outside, but as it will be in a shed I think it will do fine, plus we lino the bottom so it doesn't get wet at all. Only problem is, its 6ft long, 4 ft high, but not 2ft depth, only 20 inches. I'd only recommend it for smaller breeds of bunnies. Here's mine...just built today (took about 90 minutes)

4337801597_de3c513b49.jpg

It looks good! :D Your bunny will love it!!! :)

Back