• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are there any rescue homes for house bunnies?

kahren

New Kit
Hi

I need to rehome my two bunnies but they are house rabbits and I couldn't bear for them to be outside after all these years.

Is there such a thing as a house bunny rescue home?

Thanks.
Kahren

Im so sorry your having to rehome your bunnies :(

Where are you based?

I should think lots of rescues have indoor bunnies :) I foster for a rescue, and i know theres at least 2/3 people with indoor bunnies at the moment :) It will be best if you contact a few of your local rescues and see what spaces they have :) You could also list the bunnies on here in RIN :) You would need to PM SOAD xXx

All our animals are housed inside, untill the summer that is and the animals can then be my lawn mowers! But on a serious note, alot of rescues rehome house only animals. So where are you located?

Im sure there is, and if you say they should remain house bunnies Im sure they will! have you got any pics? - someone might offer them a home here! Theres planty of us with house buns :D

Thanks for your replies so quick!

I live in Meopham, Kent. I adopted one of my bunnies and got the other from a rescue centre in Beckenham, Kent. It will break my heart to let them go but we now have two young children and are running out of room. I have kept them for as long as possible. I did a rehome post for them about a year ago but had no responses and to be honest have hoped I could manage.

I will have a ring round this week.

Thanks again.
Kahren

Thanks for your replies so quick!

I live in Meopham, Kent. I adopted one of my bunnies and got the other from a rescue centre in Beckenham, Kent. It will break my heart to let them go but we now have two young children and are running out of room. I have kept them for as long as possible. I did a rehome post for them about a year ago but had no responses and to be honest have hoped I could manage.

I will have a ring round this week.

Thanks again.
Kahren

You could consider having them as outdoor bunnies when the weather gets warmer (April) if you couldn't bear to part with them :wave:

I'm sorry you are having to rehome your rabbits, maybe you could try contacting the rescues you adopted them from and see if they have room to take them back. You may even find that the rescue has a condition in their adoption terms that you have to take them back to them before trying elsewhere to rehome them, so hopefully somewhere will be able to help:D

When we rehomed Buster from there and my step mum her 4 guineas we were told if we couldn't look after them anymore then they had to go back there to be rehomed :)

You could make a playhouse/shed a very warm and cosy place for bun. Which you could add a big run too and they could have a flap to use so get freedom too. So in effect a home from home. Keeping rabbits and including your children in the care can make it incredably rewarding too. It teach's the children responsability. I would consider that first. Im afraid your just too far for me to help physicly.

Good luck with it all.

I'm afraid you will have to contact the rescue you rehomed for, as it is normally stated in the adoption contract all animals if not able to be kept, MUST be returned to the respective rescue.

I know it is in mine, and I was most upset when I came across one of my own, when I first started rescue, on freeads. I did successfully get him back :)

Back