• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bungle just attacked me!

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
I had Bungle sat on my knee brushing him and it was taking longer than usual as he wasn't done this morning so had lots more matts to get out. I went to pull out a bit from his underneath and he went mental! Grunting, lunging at me and kicking trying to injure me! I pushed him off my knee onto the floor and legged it!

He is going to vets on Tuesday to see if he can be shaved or trimmed right back under sedation as he is getting terrible and bring brushed is so stressful for him. He has had some bald patches and the new hair has grown through darker and thicker so doesnt matt as much so hopeful shaving him will help.

I am sat sulking and he is flopped out on floor with a grumpy face on!

Its becoming a bit of a comedy / horror with him and you - I am sorry but, I can't help laughing he is a little tartar isn't he :lol:

Poor Bungle and poor you :( I think Cashmeres have really sensitive skin :? I only have to walk in the room with a brush and Eddie climbs the walls. I just cut his coat back every so often and cut matts out when he has his head in a food bowl on the kitchen work top. It doesn't look great but it does the job.

I think vet usually charges between £100 and £200 for a shave under sedation :?

He is the funniest bunny ever! He is in our kitchen and everytime we walk past he tries to climb the bars and jump out in excitement! I really need to video it as its hilarious!

He is the funniest bunny ever! He is in our kitchen and everytime we walk past he tries to climb the bars and jump out in excitement! I really need to video it as its hilarious!

I think he knows he has you where he wants you :lol::lol:

Poor Bungle and poor you :( I think Cashmeres have really sensitive skin :? I only have to walk in the room with a brush and Eddie climbs the walls. I just cut his coat back every so often and cut matts out when he has his head in a food bowl on the kitchen work top. It doesn't look great but it does the job.

I think vet usually charges between £100 and £200 for a shave under sedation :?

:shock::shock::shock: I think it will be a job for the other vets that I use for neuters and routine treatment as they are much cheaper. Will give them a ring tomorrow to see how much it is.

He does have really fine skin so it must be painful for him to be brushed. He has lots of bald patches so it is falling out itself with the brushing and the matts must be pulling it out.

:shock::shock::shock: I think it will be a job for the other vets that I use for neuters and routine treatment as they are much cheaper. Will give them a ring tomorrow to see how much it is.

He does have really fine skin so it must be painful for him to be brushed. He has lots of bald patches so it is falling out itself with the brushing and the matts must be pulling it out.

It's a pity they haven't developed a de-tangler conditioner for bunnies.:( Poor boy x

His poo's are also getting stringy from grooming himself. I think he must be moulting and getting his adult coat so hopefully a shave him help him.

I think the price is because of the time it takes and vets normally charge by the minute once they are undr GA :?

My OH claims he can do it at home with his razor to save money! I told him never in a million years! lol

Thats the reason when we took in Fuzzy I spent 5 days gradually trimming all his coat off, I think the quote was nearly £200, but he was mattered solid to the point where he couldn't even poo properly :(

What about investing in some clippers :?

Thats the reason when we took in Fuzzy I spent 5 days gradually trimming all his coat off, I think the quote was nearly £200, but he was mattered solid to the point where he couldn't even poo properly :(

What about investing in some clippers :?

I dont really know what clippers are but I will look into it. From what I can see his new coat is totally different so once it comes through it will be much better, I just think he needs a bit of help getting it through.

He is quite a timid stressy bun so I am not sure if clippers would be too stressful for him?

I have never used them, I prefer to chip away at coats with scissors. I think if you take the whole coat off and start from scratch it doesn't take that much to keep on top of it afterwards. Did you ever see how much I cut off Fuzzy?

I think they are the sort of thing people use, I have never bought any. I prefer to use those tiny little scissors

I think they are the sort of thing people use, I have never bought any. I prefer to use those tiny little scissors

Thanks Liz. I have been using the kitchen scissors to cut it back when it gets really long :oops:

Think I will invest in some small proper scissors and clippers and try get it all cut right back for him.

Back