• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what shall I do? - free bunny :/ UPDATE P3

kaths101

Warren Veteran
I have had a letter through my door today from a neighbour (polite in calling them that!) - It says that they have a 'free bunny' that needs a home otherwise they will let it go :shock::cry:

They know I have bunnies and I assume they want me to take it away.. I dread to think what state it will be in as they are not the ummm how to phase it - cleanest and most respectful of people - they have millions of cats that just breed and breed and some have such abnormaties that are really bad. they also have dogs that they let run loose as well - I have called the RSPCA a few times on them but didnt know they had rabbits?

What shall I do - at least they have approached me..I suppose thats something and havent just let it free - but dont really want to enter their garden as god knows what I will find :cry:
arggh also havent really got room but how can I say no :? I have been thinking about it all day!

Last edited:
If it was me I'd have to take it :oops: and maybe find it a good home afterwards??

agree if u can take it take it then find it a good home that would be what i would do.But then i guess its how long it would take to find it good home and if u had the room to look after it until a home came available.

Big decision and a big responsibility should you take it on. Keep us posted!!!

I would be inclined to take it too if there was space, but if you do please keep it well away from your own bunnies for at least 2 weeks :)

I think if it were me I would have it, even if it's in a second hand hutch in the garden with you it will be clean, safe and well fed, more importantly loved. Be prepared though I would end up keeping it, I know I would-you have to be practical so only take it on if you can keep it. Tough decision but, that is what I would do. x

If it was me, I would have to take it away from what could be horrendous conditions. I agree that at least they have let you know about it and not just set it free. My heart would say that I have to go and take it.

The practical side of it I would think about later, but it is reality that you would need space and time for him/her, until a rescue or adopter could be found, not to mention money if he/she has health issues.

But I have to say despite all of that my heart would tell me to just do it and worry about those things as need be, for the sake of this poor little bunny.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and how you get on.

Lots of luck xx

I would take it in and try and rehome it to someone who you know would give it a nice home. I know you say you haven't got the room but you will only get upset thinking about what happened to it:(

yup as others have said take just find a new home, you wanted a bun for charlie didnt you ? sometimes things happen for a reason eh :)

thanks everyone - I think no matter what I will go and have a look at the bunny when I get home from work and see what state it is in. Yes I am on RU at work :oops: but cant stop thinking about the poor thing. I dont want to jump to conclusions and it may not be in a state but have a feeling it will be :? I dont know the circumstanes yet whether there is more than 1 (I hope not) whether it is pregnant etc etc
Will take a deep breath and have a look - will update you later.

thanks everyone - I think no matter what I will go and have a look at the bunny when I get home from work and see what state it is in. Yes I am on RU at work :oops: but cant stop thinking about the poor thing. I dont want to jump to conclusions and it may not be in a state but have a feeling it will be :? I dont know the circumstanes yet whether there is more than 1 (I hope not) whether it is pregnant etc etc
Will take a deep breath and have a look - will update you later.

Take care Kath, remember we don't all see bunnies the same, expect the worst. x

I don't know how anyone could concieve of 'letting a bun go!':shock:

I know :cry: but people do and I know they are the sort of people that would! Im actually surprised they even sent a letter tbh.. I just hope they havent done anything while I have been at work! Will be finished in about half hour.

Back