• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baytril Burn?

Michelleox

Mama Doe
I have just noticed that Ollie has a pink/red (not bleeding) mark on his back. Amber was rummaging about on his back so i investigated. It looks like a wound where a scab has come off and it is in the same place as Amber's mark she had when she had Bayril after her spay.

Ollie had a dental a week ago last Wednesday, would he had a Baytril jab? (sorry, not sure)

Also, Amber is licking it for him quite a bit. He's not flinching so she's not hurting him. I'm assuming she will keep it clean for him :?

Sorry about the questons today, what with Spring Fever and general naughtiness this morning, i'm all bunnied out:p

He may well have had a shot of Baytril when he had the Dental.
I would keep an eye on the area to make sure Amber's attention to it does not make it sore again.

My vets don't give antibiotics routinely after a dental only pain relief and gut stimulants :? But thats not to say your haven't

Could it possibly be the start of mites, if he is a little run down after the dental, Just a thought :)

Ok Thanks guys

It is a little raised, like a bump:?

What are the signs of mites? :oops: (i'm assuming its rubbing and scratching? )

Is there anything i can put on it or stop Amber from licking it?

Back