• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Head Tilt Help

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
Help
My cousin adopted a bunny from P@H a while ago, he was in teh adoption centre because he had sniffles and a runny nose. She did take him to the vets who prescribed anti-biotics for his runny nose but ws othewide healthy.
he still has a little runny nose, and she cleans him everyday - he is a beautiful bunny

she's just text me to say his head is titlting....

help

That sounds like EC to me, although I'm no expert. I'd tell her to take him to the vet ASAP if I were you.

it may be Ec but could also be an inner ear infection..or in worse case scenario an internal abcess or tumour
He needs to be returned to the vet to be checked.
I'd start him on Panacur just to be safe but vet needs to check his ears

she's just text me to say sh's at work
ive txt her back to say shes at work
n her dads fishing
n her brother doesnt work

:(
im also at work

I would suspect an ear infection above EC given the history.

Bun really needs to see a Vet at some time today as *if* it is otitis media it can become extremely serious very quickly :cry:

Yes, you can buy Panacur Rabbit Paste at P@H but Bun also needs abx and Metacam.

ive text her back :(
waiting for reply :(

She asks my advice and never takes it :(

could her oter bun (in seperate hutch) catch it?

I agree that bun needs to see the vet.

She will need panacur, antibiotics and metacam.
Please urge your friend to take bun, if she catches things early then the bun has a better chance of a full recovery.

Back