• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Characteristics of breeds

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I know that "all rabbits are different" but I'd be interested to know whether people think there are any personality traits associated with particular breeds?

For example, do you think one breed of rabbit is cleverer/feistier/more interactive/stubborn/friendlier than another breed?

Conti's are very laid back. Tbh, I've only ever had Thistle though but everyone else I've spoken to with conti's says the same thing :) I think I could probably pick Thistle up and wear him as a hat and he wouldn't care. :lol:

The rest of my bunnies are crossbreeds and they all have very different personalities!

Conti's are very laid back. Tbh, I've only ever had Thistle though but everyone else I've spoken to with conti's says the same thing :) I think I could probably pick Thistle up and wear him as a hat and he wouldn't care. :lol:

The rest of my bunnies are crossbreeds and they all have very different personalities!

:lol::lol::lol: That would be a very heavy hat :lol:

When Frenchies are young they're MENTAL and you wonder if it'll ever end! :lol::lol: I think I blocked Ted's teen-hood out of my mind because it was too scarring.....literally! :roll: Rooby Roo is mad! She's a binky bun at the moment, and will go straight from binky to flop, and will be out cold! ....so I know she's a real Frenchie!:lol:

To me Frenchies are incredibly loving. They always want to know where you are and will flop on top of you....belly up. I wouldn't say they are more intelligent, but it's different intelligence. They're....and I hate to say it....more like dogs than bunnies at times. (Yes, I've walked down the street with Ted to heel before:oops:!...[by street I mean lane, there was no one about])

They are the gentle giants of the bunny world. Teddy will let Oliver climb all over him, and will even lie down so Ol can give him a hug. They're so laid back!.....or lazy....yup...I think lazy is the word. He's been known to move his food bowl next to the water, lie down next to them both, and eat and drink whilst lying down....lazy moose!

They are greedy buns. Nothing is safe. If it's on the kitchen table then they'll find a way! :lol:

Frenchies are little monsters when young, but I can't say I've ever met bunnies with such personalities as my bunnehs. I know people say they don't care about breed.......but I don't think I'll ever find a different breed to match Frenchies! I loves them! :love::love::love::love:

My dutchie is inquisitive/naughty, my conti is gentle and placid, my lop girls are more fiesty than my lop boys, who tend to be very gentle, and my uppy eared buns are fiestier than the lop ears, regardless of gender.

Inky is a Dutch/Netherland Dwarf cross and I think he has definitely inherited the Nethie temper that they are supposed to have:lol:! He is very inqusitive and friendly but gets very grumpy if he doesn't get his own way.

Smokey is an English breed and she is very intelligent but quite laid back and lazy:).

I adore my bunnies:love:!

Smudge is a netherland cross,and she can get very stroppy when she doesn't want something. Noserubs and cuddles are very much on her terms only :p

My lionhead is much more laid back, and is much more of a chewer :)

These are all so interesting!

Well I've certainly noticed there are people on here who are mad about Rexes and French lops..

what else about Rexes personalities?

Would you say there is a cleverist breed?

My two mini lops are very soft, docile bunnies and so are their parents and apparently grandparents!! They don't like being lifted though or manhandled. However they follow me everywhere, are very nosey and like to give me a wee dunt in the nose in passing. I read in a book that that's common rabbit courtesy so I join in. Very docile but I couldn't wear them as hats. They're both black though so would make a nice pair of slippers,
(Do you hear that out there in the bunny condo!!!! No more chewing my wallpaper or it's SLIPPERS for you SLIPPERS!!!!!!)

These are all so interesting!

Well I've certainly noticed there are people on here who are mad about Rexes and French lops..

what else about Rexes personalities?

Would you say there is a cleverist breed?

I have a black lop cross bunny called Brian and he's very clever. He picks things up very quickly. He learns where doors are almost instantly and then chews at them trying to get them open again.

Thistle on the other hand, is daft as a brush. I'm not sure if it's all conti's or just him, but he is the biggest clutz ever. He leaves a trail of distruction where ever he goes and he doesn't even seem to realise he's doing it half the time! :lol:

I've found rexes to be clever and greedy

i would agree with this...i've never known a rabbit quite as calculating as Enya was and Inara seems to pick things up just as quickly though oddly shes not as food orientated as the others:?

All my rexes have been greedy,cheeky,clever,but loving,lops laid back,Hustlanders strong willed a bit feisty,Conti Well cheeky,clever,naughty,a chewer,erm the list goes on lol

My two rex does (mini rex i think) are also cheeky and greedy - they will hoover up anything given to them and normally everything that isn't lol! You simply can't have any form of paper around them or they'll tear it to bits, and if you try to discourage them from going somewhere (e.g. on top of the sky box!) it is THE best place to go and they'll keep trying to get there!

My two mini lops are very soft, docile bunnies and so are their parents and apparently grandparents!! They don't like being lifted though or manhandled. However they follow me everywhere, are very nosey and like to give me a wee dunt in the nose in passing. I read in a book that that's common rabbit courtesy so I join in. Very docile but I couldn't wear them as hats. They're both black though so would make a nice pair of slippers,
(Do you hear that out there in the bunny condo!!!! No more chewing my wallpaper or it's SLIPPERS for you SLIPPERS!!!!!!)

My mini lop is the same. :lol: Hates being picked up, but he loves to follow me and boss me around!

However, I would say Milo is not the brightest bulb in the box, if you know what I mean. :lol:

polish =nippy, but cheeky

dutchies cheeky laid back males feisty females

rews x lops seen a few of these now and found them a right soppy cuddly bunch, was even strokeing one that was 8 weeks old in P@H all the other ran a mile this rew x was all oooooooooo yush keep stroking me behind my ears,

lops soppy laid back females can be right madams though

neithes have an attitude grunty but can be soppy

rexs agree clever and wee lil piggies, ive found females slightly more nervy

brown buns possiable wildie crosses have been skitish nervy to me

theses are just my own observastions though,

Back