• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

have major withdrawrals, I want to bond again

areia

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you know I used to do bondings for ARC, under best teacher auntie Janice of course :D :p

I feel at a slight loose end though while I have been round all the vets, pet shops etc putting up make mine chocolate posters and tried adviseing some who see that cute baby bun in pets at home or the horrid pet shop i have in town, this town I hate to say is a bit behind in general animal care more so small animals, we have a couple of good dog breeders in town only breed every now and then and make sure the owners sign a release form, even visit new owners to check they are happy with there dogs and are being cared for. of course we have tons of back yard breeders here guess which breed or dog :roll:

I bump into people I havent seen in ages and they tell me they have a rabbit and I end up doing my usual waffle,

but I really miss fostering and bonding, now there is no way i can do rescues, or fostering, I dont have the funds or space, but I can do bondings well one pair or group a week easy,

I notice though there are no rescues what so ever near me at all along the southern easten coast, can anyone suggest ways of being able to help locally, also ive got a slight niggle of what if i get to do a bonding and there owners decide to dump them on me, GAHHHHHH want to help but so frustrated

As some of you know I used to do bondings for ARC, under best teacher auntie Janice of course :D :p

I feel at a slight loose end though while I have been round all the vets, pet shops etc putting up make mine chocolate posters and tried adviseing some who see that cute baby bun in pets at home or the horrid pet shop i have in town, this town I hate to say is a bit behind in general animal care more so small animals, we have a couple of good dog breeders in town only breed every now and then and make sure the owners sign a release form, even visit new owners to check they are happy with there dogs and are being cared for. of course we have tons of back yard breeders here guess which breed or dog :roll:

I bump into people I havent seen in ages and they tell me they have a rabbit and I end up doing my usual waffle,

but I really miss fostering and bonding, now there is no way i can do rescues, or fostering, I dont have the funds or space, but I can do bondings well one pair or group a week easy,

I notice though there are no rescues what so ever near me at all along the southern easten coast, can anyone suggest ways of being able to help locally, also ive got a slight niggle of what if i get to do a bonding and there owners decide to dump them on me, GAHHHHHH want to help but so frustrated

Why not bond all of yours together?! ;)

If you fancy a challenge you could try to bond my lot for me :lol:

i would if you were closer, me likes a challenge :D

buunny freind, it has been put on hold as the idea was to have all 5 in my room * its huggggggggggggggggggggggge my bedroom with next to no furniture and loads of space under bed * but as i have a 2 bed flat baby on way, I dont think its fair to keep moving them around, ive been think bonding just the 4 then add frosty later, but im not sure thats really fair on frosty, as much as i want to, i feel its fairer to wait, frosty is fine on her own at mo my mum spoils her more than I do mine :lol: but it will be done as soon as i move :D

In a sense I can't make a suggestion because I'don't know what gives you the the joy of working with bunnies. You must have accrued massive experience, & understanding of bunny psychology & behaviour, so much of which is rooted in wild rabbit behaviour, then modified.

Have you thought of writing it down? There are so many experts on this forum, with masses of experience who might proof read, or add their ideas to help you.

We're making progress with housing & keeping buns in bonded pairs, but not getting through to the people who need to know. Animal programmes make good viewing, but there is high cost in getting the film footage of what we want to see. I've a tenuous link to a nature film producer, but even he cannot give the go ahead to make a programme. So we have to ensure any effort isn't wasted & can be made available productively, even if less effective at reaching those we want to reach.

I like your suggestion and have thought of writting my knowledge down, my english skills are far from perfect, I do actually lead people here onto this site, in the hope they make things better for their buns

I enjoy bonding, the feeling it gives me ( i suppose its a slight selfishness in a way) meeting people, other buns, even this little thing could help prevent future possiable rehoming situation ?

I do often watch behaviours,from my own and the wild bunnies, read books etc, but i feel im far from say an expert, I do feel I need more actual expeirence to learn more.

The town I live is quite a challenge, I found in london people were more yelding to advise and suggestions, here it's nope I do it my way,This inclues the vets too, kinda scary doing that on my own. as much as i witter on, its hard to have the confidence to go up there a go "hey you listen to me" type thing

So far im thinking small ad in paper first and vets, making a leaflet is costly, if I could think of, I dont know flyer form (one sheet, easy to copy ) with, say links to places and drop these in vets and pet shop it could be a start,

we did have one rescue in my town she only took on problem bunnies and did behaviour problem bonding etc, I think she did this more for her studies as she got offered a job in battersea at the dogs home and so she moved and up sticks,( got this last bit of info from ringing her no. which her landlord answered as he was in the middle of redoing the property ) her site is still up but i cant get hold of her,

I think it's too big a project for any one to do alone, but we need someone with time to get the idea together, & people who we can call on for help.
VickiP posted these ideas on my thread about birds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXb12hHSIZ8 this is another good one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqje0V62Oxs
I know from life experience that these ideas of co-operation achieving much more than an individual can work
With the computer network you are linked to people across the country, & not confined to your local area where the resistance is high. I'm looking to people on here to help you. Those who run rescues have the experience but not much time available. They also have many rabbits, so if we got as far as filmimg, it could save film making costs, if they were prepared to participate.
We would probably need national TV to make any impression on the resistance in your area. My own idea open to discussion would be that we need to make people aware of the high intelligence, personality & sensitivity of bunnies. It then becomes an outrage across society, the way so many buns are treated. Social perception has changed.
I haven't thought it through properly even.
ETA with your idea of a sheet with links, even I could manage to print off a page of links & try to get pet shops here to give one with each bunny sold in Swindon. It's about as much as I can do cos of health issues. I can do small bits.

Last edited:
In a sense I can't make a suggestion because I'don't know what gives you the the joy of working with bunnies. You must have accrued massive experience, & understanding of bunny psychology & behaviour, so much of which is rooted in wild rabbit behaviour, then modified.

Have you thought of writing it down? There are so many experts on this forum, with masses of experience who might proof read, or add their ideas to help you.

We're making progress with housing & keeping buns in bonded pairs, but not getting through to the people who need to know. Animal programmes make good viewing, but there is high cost in getting the film footage of what we want to see. I've a tenuous link to a nature film producer, but even he cannot give the go ahead to make a programme. So we have to ensure any effort isn't wasted & can be made available productively, even if less effective at reaching those we want to reach.

I'm a freelance documentary maker and can push most interesting things through production companies and on to broadcasters. What type of thing would you be thinking of doing?

I'm a freelance documentary maker and can push most interesting things through production companies and on to broadcasters. What type of thing would you be thinking of doing?

Wow thank you candiflare. Have you come across Mark Flowers?

Areia probably needs a bit of time to get her thoughts together. It's a new idea I've sprung on her. It's her thread.

Areia, with the computer you are NOT restricted to your own highly resistant area. If we go down the road of links. Just pm them to me, a small pet shop is highly receptive & will not sell buns from Nov. 'till after Easter. I could try to keep 2 commercial pet shops supplied too.
ETA I'm so sorry I'm not the person to take this on. We were actually discussing how to avoid permanent care so I can see out Thumper's life at home yesterday.

Last edited:
Back