• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

slightly embarassed, yet proud...

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
i booked barnes into his new vet practice the other week, just for a nail trim, nothing serious. when i called them i said that i couldn't be expected to help in any way as barnes dosn't like to be picked up. this is not striclty true, i'm just too scared!!

anyway, get to the vets and the nurse says "aahh, we need back-up with this little one do we?", "yes" i said, "i'll just be here in the waiting room".

she took him off and 5 minutes later comes out holding him like a new born baby, tickling his tummy saying "this is the softest rabbit i have ever met"

mummy's best boy!!

:lol: ..i used to hold him like that .. :love:

you realy should go for it and make him have mummy cuddles ;)

Can you help me out here with the bunny on the back thing and the cuddling... One of mine will lie on her back in my arms, big furry feet in the air, eyes half closed. I do it just to check her bottie is clean. I thought they lay still on their backs because they are frozen stiff with fear so I do it as little as possible.... now, when I up turn her I can't resist a little cuddle and she will sit, ears back, eyes half closed, head down and occationally will rattle her teeth. Do you think they like it if they stay still and let you do it or are they just frightened? My other bun hates being lifted and is like a bar of soap to catch and his breathing gets very fast when I try to cuddle him so I tend not to bother. Do you think my other one would struggle too if she didn't like it? Because I like cuddling her!! I would do it more often if I thought she genuinely enjoys it!!

Back