• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nail cutting

Has Bramble got a white foot? If he's indoors they are best kept quite short - just beyond the pink "quick". Leave a bit longerif an ooutdoor bun. Unfortunately you can't see the quick in black nails.
Best to go to the vet nurse for the 1st. trim & be shown a good technique & shaping.

Yes he has white feet, he's an outdoor bunny. I think I will take him to the vets to get his nails cut, I do think they are getting a bit long.

Has Bramble got a white foot? If he's indoors they are best kept quite short - just beyond the pink "quick". Leave a bit longerif an ooutdoor bun. Unfortunately you can't see the quick in black nails.
Best to go to the vet nurse for the 1st. trim & be shown a good technique & shaping.

I could just about with Ted. If you have a torch then shine it behind, and you'll get an idea. He was very good and let me do this though....with every claw!:shock: Might not be easy if Bramble isn't co-operative!

I don't think he would enjoy it at all! Maybe best to let the vet do it. They've never been done before, and just used to wear themselves down on the patio. However, we put a floor in his run and I think they are getting a bit long now.

awww shame you don't live near me i would of done him for you, hope its not to stressful for him :wave:

Back