• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crocheted bunnies

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
I taught myself to crochet about a month ago (wish I'd done it sooner, I never realised how easy it was :D) and am working my through free bunny patterns from the internet. Just wanted to show them off. :oops:

Some things I made for a Kirkby fundraiser a little while ago:
bunny1.jpg

bunny3.jpg

bunny2.jpg

Big pink bunny:
pinkbunny.jpg

Not a bunny but a bear:
bear.jpg

Finally, a bunny adapted from the bear pattern:
peachbunny.jpg

oh i love the pink bunny and bear :love::love::love::love::love::love:

dont look like youve only just learned how to do it tho. you must be a natural :D

Oh Karen I forgot to say I received my bunny and its gorg, love it its so cute. Will you be taking orders? ;)

dont look like youve only just learned how to do it tho. you must be a natural :D

Thanks. :D I purposely haven't shown my first 3 bunnies that went horribly wrong. :oops::lol::lol: Oh, and I still can't crochet a flat square.

I'm glad your bunny got there safely, Katie. :love: I was thinking of some kind of fundraiser but knitted and crocheted bunnies seem to be popping up all over the place and I don't think anybody would want mine. :oops:

Thanks for the pattern links Loula, I hadn't seen those ones - I adore the vintage bunny and the french one looks very quick and easy.

Thanks. :D I purposely haven't shown my first 3 bunnies that went horribly wrong. :oops::lol::lol: Oh, and I still can't crochet a flat square.

I'm glad your bunny got there safely, Katie. :love: I was thinking of some kind of fundraiser but knitted and crocheted bunnies seem to be popping up all over the place and I don't think anybody would want mine. :oops:

Thanks for the pattern links Loula, I hadn't seen those ones - I adore the vintage bunny and the french one looks very quick and easy.

I would DEFINATELY want 1 (or more!)

I would want them! They are totally different to any others being done. I love the last bunny :love: :love:

Is it really easy? I'd love to be able to do something like that for fundraising, but I can't knit for toffee. My mum always tells everyone about the time I tried, started off with 20 stitches, by the 6th row I unintentionally had 39. How is that even possible?!

My mum always tells everyone about the time I tried, started off with 20 stitches, by the 6th row I unintentionally had 39. How is that even possible?!

:lol::lol::lol: That's the problem I had with my first bunnies. I was supposed to be decreasing but kept crocheting into the wrong stitches and ended up with more instead of less :oops: so my 'prototypes' have odd shaped heads. :lol::lol: I gave them to the kids, they don't care.

It's very easy, honestly, you should give it a go. ;) I prefer crochet as, if you do it in a spiral, there's very little sewing to do.

I am going to be making a few more of my bunnies for fundraising, as part of this idea: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=214730.

I emailed the lady who posted the free bear pattern, and she has kindly agreed that I can sell my bunny version for charity, so there will definitely be one or two of them. ;) She sells on Etsy and has also kindly donated another rabbit pattern free of charge. :love::love: Link to her bloggy blog.

OMG...I NEED that big pink bunny! Could you pm me the link to the pattern pleeeeaaaaase!

They're wonderful Karen! :love::love:

:lol::lol::lol: That's the problem I had with my first bunnies. I was supposed to be decreasing but kept crocheting into the wrong stitches and ended up with more instead of less :oops: so my 'prototypes' have odd shaped heads. :lol::lol: I gave them to the kids, they don't care.

It's very easy, honestly, you should give it a go. ;) I prefer crochet as, if you do it in a spiral, there's very little sewing to do.

I am going to be making a few more of my bunnies for fundraising, as part of this idea: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=214730.

I emailed the lady who posted the free bear pattern, and she has kindly agreed that I can sell my bunny version for charity, so there will definitely be one or two of them. ;) She sells on Etsy and has also kindly donated another rabbit pattern free of charge. :love::love: Link to her bloggy blog.

Thank you Karen for offering to join us in our fundraising, I can't wait to see what you add to our collection:D

Yay me wants!!

Back