• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppet Update (Not good) :-(

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Mike has now been syringe feeding Poppet for weeks and we still have her indoor cage on the coffee table in the lounge , her weight keeps going down and she seems very weak now although she seems so alert.
Today she wouldn't take her Critical care and didn't want her water and we think this is her way of saying 'she has had enough'.
Her cancer seem's to be winning and we can't watch her any longer turn into skin and bone, this morning Mike has cuddled her and the tears rolled down his face and I had to go out of the room. I can't tell anybody else this as they would say "God it's only a rabbit" but you will all understand she isn't just a rabbit she is an important and very precious member of this household who we love and respect as we do them all and it pains us to see her this way, so with much sadness we are considering having her PTS on Monday. :cry:

Oh I'm so sorry angel :cry:

Just try and make her last weekend a comfortable and enjoyable one for her so you have even more memories to cherish :)

Oh God, I am sorry. Poor darling Poppet.

It certainly sounds like she's ready to go. I know it will be hard but try and stay positive around her tomorrow. You'll know in your heart of hearts the right thing to do come Monday.

Last edited:
Back